What is in a bike service?

Garfield2010

Nee Kerneels, ek gaan so elke 6 maande hospitaal toe vir `n diens dan bad hulle my sommer.

So gedink :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes...and clean your bike while you are about it.6 months......sis,all that sweat, and snot.... :thumbdown:

If I was a mechanic I would request you clean your bike before you bring it in

+1 :thumbup:

Do you mean threads from the actual tyre casing?

Seems to happen often with Conti Gatorskins. They're circumferential threads and seem to come from the bead area. The don't look like they play a massive structural role, so losing a couple isn't a train smash.

Seems to happen often with Conti Gatorskins. They're circumferential threads and seem to come from the bead area. The don't look like they play a massive structural role, so losing a couple isn't a train smash.

You are correct. I have gators on.

With all this "new age - afringlish", i have no clucking clue what this thread is about!

Chubba

It started out as an argument on whether a bike service should include the was of your bike or not and then as per usual it turned into a lets get personal and humiliate poor Garfield as much as possible.

All those manne with their hard-earned and weathered Epic stickers on the bikes would get seriasly miffed if they were taken off during a service!

Chubba

It started out as an argument on whether a bike service should include the was of your bike or not and then as per usual it turned into a lets get personal and humiliate poor Garfield as much as possible.

We can turn it into a lets get personal and humiliate MJ thread if you'd prefer?

:( :( :( :( :(

Dude, You can forgive MJ for being a pedo. Not cleaning your own bike however is unacceptable. It should be made punishable by law.

Maybe the answer will lie in nationalising bike shops. I wonder if Julius will like riding a bicycle?

Chubba

DIY - always the best option and you can only point thumbs at yourself if shite goes wrong. (reiterate – Youtube and the Big Blue Book)

We can turn it into a lets get personal and humiliate MJ thread if you'd prefer?

If that is what rocks your boat - go for it!

You make me feel so special boet. I should get you something for your birthday.

Edited by The real MJ

Have you ever considered that the mechanic may have planted those threads on my tire?

He wants me to think my wheels are fubar so that he can make another sale........

Soon I will expose all mechanics out there.....

The Decycling code

No ,Jumping Jack will rock his boud.

Coffee. Out Nose. Damnit.

I wonder if my keyboard is waterproof...

I have ten thumbs and a tendency to break things that I try fix. Having said that, I think being able to service your own bike must be a big money, if not time, saver.

Is there any "bike servicing bible" available? Also, do any shops stock "service your own bike" type toolkits?

"I think being able to service your own bike must be a big money, if not time, saver."

I think that you should think of re-thinking that statement.

If you particularly need a bible, then this translation is probably best...

post-20304-0-54562500-1317898876.jpg