What is in a bike service?

Garfield2010

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miskien kan die dude wat die bike incheck luister wat ek se? Ek het gevra hulle moet dit afhaal nes ek gevra het om die speedo reg te maak.

Ek dink dit sal die maklikste wees om `n kursus by te woon waar hulle jou fisies in `n werkswinkel leer om jou fiets te diens.

Weet iemand waar so iet beskikbaar is?

Ek kan nie glo die mense gaan so te kere nie? EK betaal R500. Vat `n lap en maak die bliksemse fiets skoon. Knip die garings van die wiele af want hulle hoort nie daar nie - ek betaal jou om my fiets in optimum kondisie te kry, nie om die ratte skoon te maak en hom netso terug te gee nie. Vee asb die grease merke van die raam af want dis `n padfiets. Trek halwe stickers af want obviously lyk dit crap. As jy twyfel VRA my.........

Dude. Ek kan a bietjie verstaan. Thanks for keeping alles Afrikaans though. Want ek dig not this blerrie AfEnglish thing . :thumbup:

Please could you explain WHY you are under the impression that a bike shop Mechanic should pull off your half chewed stickers, and in fact, why there were half chewed stickers on your bike in the first place?

Oh, and your speedo thingy. It worked EVERY TIME over 40KM an hour when it was tested by the mech.

To summerise and save repeat advice get the tools and do it yourself including cleaning your bike.

If you stuff it up you can start a thread lambasting yourself.

Edited by scotty

Dude. Ek kan a bietjie verstaan. Thanks for keeping alles Afrikaans though. Want ek dig not this blerrie AfEnglish thing . :thumbup:

Please could you explain WHY you are under the impression that a bike shop Mechanic should pull off your half chewed stickers, and in fact, why there were half chewed stickers on your bike in the first place?

Oh, and your speedo thingy. It worked EVERY TIME over 40KM an hour when it was tested by the mech.

Well the speedo doesnt work at all now. Remember I showed you that it was rusted on the one contact point and we joked about it? Well that was not scraped or cleaned as I asked you.

As for the wash, that is why I started this thread. Not to name or shame or anything. It seems that the majority of guys think it should not be included so I accept that and will not expect that next time. I was wrong there.

As for the speedo thing, not cool.

Well the speedo doesnt work at all now. Remember I showed you that it was rusted on the one contact point and we joked about it? Well that was not scraped or cleaned as I asked you.As for the wash, that is why I started this thread. Not to name or shame or anything. It seems that the majority of guys think it should not be included so I accept that and will not expect that next time. I was wrong there.

As for the speedo thing, not cool.

:lol: :lol:

Yeah...pull your finger out Drongo

and in fact, why there were half chewed stickers on your bike in the first place?

One sticker was from the "bike migration" which I tried to remove but could only get half off. Another from another bike moving company same story. Also insulation tape which I used to strap gels onto my frame for triathlon etc.

Guest agteros

One sticker was from the "bike migration" which I tried to remove but could only get half off. Another from another bike moving company same story. Also insulation tape which I used to strap gels onto my frame for triathlon etc.

Even my dusty Humber with flatish tyres sounds cleaner than that..... Maybe because it hasn't seen any action lately, or maby as it has NEVER seen a bike shop?

Did you include the mounting for the loud hailer so you can shout slower folks off the race route?

bwhaha!

MJ, mount it next to the Chuck Norris sticker ;)

(not a good pic I know ...) but I guess you mean these 'garings' from a Gatorskin? Happens when they get older ..... I just pull them off, never been offended that my LBS didn't :rolleyes:

post-271-0-24531900-1317905932.jpg

Guest agteros

(not a good pic I know ...) but I guess you mean these 'garings' from a Gatorskin? Happens when they get older ..... I just pull them off, never been offended that my LBS didn't :rolleyes:

post-271-0-24531900-1317905932.jpg

BB, what you doing with road tyres? they do not fit 26" rims!

Hi guys

Disclaimer "I will critisize and piss on a few things I do not like. If you feel that I artt going to faar then please go crawl under your bed and then kontact the webmaster (aka admin) and vlieg in jou moer. No animals were harmed during this ontleding van watdeffok diens is.......

So back to the point.

Bike is taken in due to gear failure. I ask for a basic service. I make sure they know about 2 little issues namely the GEARS and my speedo meter which cuts out whenever I go above 40km/hour.

Got the bike back, speedo doesnt work at all???

WTF?

Anyways I am yet to test the gears and I am sure they will work (as they are cleaned and new cables installed), but how the hell can you miss a few simple things?

My bike went in with a few pieces of "insulaton tape" still stuck to the frame> and half an Argus sticker as well. They did not clean that. When I got it back my wheels had strings stick out all over the place (not saying it was not there before (I didnt notice maybe) but sheese cut it off???) All I ask is groom my bike and that should include make it like I want to ride my bike?!! Dis soos my vrou as sy vir haar haar ding gaan wat meer kos as 3 maande se entry fooie. Jy lose al die pad maar ten minste kan jy iets ry vir 'n slag?

Anyways gee julle kommentaar

What did you learn today??

What did you learn today??

DIY

Oh and that there is a lot of unstable people on the hub that takes everything personal (including me)

Guest agteros

Ox dude you should know I am a dirt roadie ;)

had to read that very s-l-o-w-l-y.... nearly read that as a dirty roadie biggrin.gif

had to read that very s-l-o-w-l-y.... nearly read that as a dirty roadie biggrin.gif

Don't worry, he is one of those too...

Guest agteros

Don't worry, he is one of those too...

guess that is better than myself.... I'm a closet cyclist rolleyes.gif