Price discrepancy – Cajees

Slakkepas

I was just wondering what was my rights - could I have taken the bike and go?

Seeing as this was the original question, I thought I'd answer it & say no, you cant forcibly take something from a shop regardless, life doesnt work that way!

You could have set up a dispute & followed it through, but you accepted your money back so case closed.

Now I know you will tell me on this next bit that i could have got 5 for R30 but this just to illustrate the point.

I asked for mtb tube with slime in and they quoted me R120ea, marked price - I had from Nancy Drew that they might be R60 or so. I asked for the best price and got R80, asked again and got R70. All very nice & friendly but a bit of a pain; but ok, it was convenient to got there. I was surprised at how far they mark things up beyond what they will accept.

Edited by Joe Low

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked for mtb tube with slime in and they quoted me R120ea, marked price - I had from Nancy Drew that they might be R60 or so. I asked for the best price and got R80, asked again and got R70. All very nice & friendly but a bit of a pain; but ok, it was convenient to got there. I was surprised at how far they mark things up beyond what they will accept.

Yeah, I get that, but to be fair, the OP was quoted a price, he paid it, went to get his goods, and was told he owed more. Not quite the same as bargaining for something.

Me, if I was in his shoes, I'd have not left the shop till my lawyer arrived.

Yeah, I get that, but to be fair, the OP was quoted a price, he paid it, went to get his goods, and was told he owed more. Not quite the same as bargaining for something.

Me, if I was in his shoes, I'd have not left the shop till my

lawyer arrived.

Evenin' Nitro - i was mixing up two different things. The bargaining doesnt relate to the OP, I was just being a bit random.

Evenin' Nitro - i was mixing up two different things. The bargaining doesnt relate to the OP, I was just being a bit random.

:thumbup:

I get it. Call it you will, I know you live on the east rand...

I went to Cajees a few days ago to get a replacement hose for my floor pump, was marked at R75 which I paid. A day or two later I was in Cyclelab and saw the exact same part, exactly the same brand, same everything priced at R45.

Moral of the story, if you want to haggle every single time you buy something, then Cajees is fine for you, personally I will not and will never ever buy anything from Cajees ever again. Simple as that.

I do not appreciate price discrimination to the extent practiced by Cajees.

Secondly I find their staff to be borderline clueless (Lifestyle crossing store)

I went to Cajees a few days ago to get a replacement hose for my floor pump, was marked at R75 which I paid. A day or two later I was in Cyclelab and saw the exact same part, exactly the same brand, same everything priced at R45.

Moral of the story, if you want to haggle every single time you buy something, then Cajees is fine for you,

You know. The other day, I bought some pasta at Checkers, and then the next day I went to a Pick 'n Pay and the same damn pasta was cheaper.

FFS! And neither of those stores allow "haggling in the slightest. Guess I need to do my homework before I buy **** in future :unsure:

You know. The other day, I bought some pasta at Checkers, and then the next day I went to a Pick 'n Pay and the same damn pasta was cheaper.

Shock, horror! Am surprised you didn't make your own.

Shock, horror! Am surprised you didn't make your own.

Nah, usually the chikkin makes our pasta ;)

I had the same problem at Cajees Retail Crossing

Was looking for a indoor trainer...

The sales agent got a box of a Giant Trainer with a price marked on it for R 1400.00

when I asked to check what the best price is, the computer showed that the trainer should actually be priced @ R 1800,00

They said the best price they could give me is R 1500,00, which is R 100 more than the origional marked price, they quickly pulled off the old price and repriced the lable to R 1800,00

I argued with them, and left, not buying anything....

Will never shop there again....

Price discrepancy – Cajees

I walk into Cajees yesterday while they had a power outage looking for a new 29er.

They quoted me R19 995.00 on a Scott scale 29er pro. Not a bad price. I transfer the money to their account which was cleared immediately and arranged to pick it up the next day because it was still sealed in the box.

When I got there the next day to pick up the bike, they told me the selling price was wrong. It should be R26000. I told the manager it’s not my problem and told them I`m taking my bike, I paid for it. All the sales agents went to the front door and I was told I wouldn't get out with it.

Doeffels,

Contact Anton Smal at Cycle House in Pretoria tel: 012-5469855/9888

He has a variety of 29er in stock

Cheers enjoy the ride

I had the same problem at Cajees Retail Crossing

Was looking for a indoor trainer...

The sales agent got a box of a Giant Trainer with a price marked on it for R 1400.00

when I asked to check what the best price is, the computer showed that the trainer should actually be priced @ R 1800,00

They said the best price they could give me is R 1500,00, which is R 100 more than the origional marked price, they quickly pulled off the old price and repriced the lable to R 1800,00

I argued with them, and left, not buying anything....

Will never shop there again....

Ja, they do have a funny pricing system, they had an Epicon for R1200 cheaper than what I paid for it down the road!

Theirs was R900, I paid R2100 for mine! I could have wept but there you go, always check around!

They do score points with me for being open on a Sunday.

I also got one of those snap on to your towbar bike racks from them for +- R400 cheaper than at other bike stores. Another time I was in the vacinity and needed tubes, I asked the dude on the floor for a slime tube he also had no idea what I was talking about...

Edited by Pieter1

Secondly I find their staff to be borderline clueless (Lifestyle crossing store)

A few weeks ago we went to this Cajees store to buy some CO2 cartridges and one of the salemen tried to convince us that a Giant 29er was actually what we wanted. When we told him we were not interested he said that we were obviously rookie riders who had no idea about bikes. :rolleyes: We have been riding since 1998.

Me, if I was in his shoes, I'd have not left the shop till my lawyer arrived.

Yeah, theres a fair amount of good faith involved in any transaction, especially one where there is no marked price (I assume this product was not marked or there would not be an argument) - if one makes a mistake and it means one will lose financially but keep a customer, its a toss up, but, yeah mistakes happen in all businesses, and in the end how you handle it boils down to how much you value your customer I guess.

FFS! And neither of those stores allow "haggling in the slightest. Guess I need to do my homework before I buy **** in future :unsure:

For R5 you will not drive to another shop. But if it was R500 you will. I think alot of shops knows this and pushes up the price. When I get a good price on something I first work out what the petrol will cost to get it to me. When the saving is more then postage or the petrol, I just order it online.