• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a "waning status"?

The opposite of a waxing status!

:blush:

Sorry, early morning typo. Will issue myself with a waning. :lol:

It all boils down to how you treat you consumer. I make a lot of mistakes, but its how you go from there. When I got back to the store, I was basically told we stuffed up but screw you. And that ticked me off. The situation wasn`t ideal, but they choose to keep their doors open.

As stated before there is a fair amount of faith in buying anything at any store. But I had a piece of paper stating what I bought, proof off payment and the store details on it. It was hand written in the dark ( and I know I was naive to except that) and that didn`t give me the confidence and energy to explain that to the well educated police in the store or at home if I walk the bike out of the store.

It was clear from the start that Cajees would fight to the end to save the 6k (which is a fair amount of money I would have to say) regardless of the consumers rights or feelings or whatever you what to call it.

What I learnt from this is that Cajees feels absolutely nothing for their customers and would save their own butts at any cost.

If I was greeted with a better reception to this whole ordeal , things might have turn out better for both of us.

Edited by doeffels

Cajees is only for the very well informed buyer.... Do not buy from them if you do not know what you want, size, spec’s etc. Neither the owners nor the sales staff has any “real experience”. “Real” bike shops might be more expensive but you get proper advice and service....

My EBB came loose near their shop on Hendrik Potgieter.....I popped in (desperate) because I did not have the right length allen key to tighten it again. Most of the sales staff did not know what an EBB is...then they made comments on the fact that it was the “wrong brand” that I was riding....and comments on the fact that it was a SS...

Finally got to their workshop.....I turned around and called my wife to come and pick me up....(I did not want to risk taking my bike in there....The one “mechanic” wanted to tighten the EBB with a spanner!

My advice (riding mtb’s since 1993) start building a relationship with your LBS, be loyal, and they will start to value you as a client and better prices will follow. Speak to any reputable LBS: they hate it when someone buys “cheap” and then expect them to only sort out the problems due to miss fitting etc...

All the best... In Afrikaans we say: “Goedkoop koop is duur koop!”

Yep, my experince with them reminds me of a childrens story,... something to do with 40 thieves. Whatever "business model" they operate, if you deal with them, they will eventually rip you off, especially kids, grandmothers, wives etc .

Cajees is only for the very well informed buyer.... Do not buy from them if you do not know what you want, size, spec’s etc. Neither the owners nor the sales staff has any “real experience”. “Real” bike shops might be more expensive but you get proper advice and service....

My EBB came loose near their shop on Hendrik Potgieter.....I popped in (desperate) because I did not have the right length allen key to tighten it again. Most of the sales staff did not know what an EBB is...then they made comments on the fact that it was the “wrong brand” that I was riding....and comments on the fact that it was a SS...

Finally got to their workshop.....I turned around and called my wife to come and pick me up....(I did not want to risk taking my bike in there....The one “mechanic” wanted to tighten the EBB with a spanner!

My advice (riding mtb’s since 1993) start building a relationship with your LBS, be loyal, and they will start to value you as a client and better prices will follow. Speak to any reputable LBS: they hate it when someone buys “cheap” and then expect them to only sort out the problems due to miss fitting etc...

All the best... In Afrikaans we say: “Goedkoop koop is duur koop!”

The EBB on one of my Tandems cracked due to overtightening. Nowadays I torque the bolts on all three tandems and has never had a bolt working itself loose. Also be very carefull to overtighten them as a ovalised shell may very well be the end of your frame.

Mistakes do happen. I know.they have bad reputation, but can you expect them to take a R7000 knock because of a mistake they made on a quote? They did pay the money back wthout questions.

Serves you right for shopping at Cajees. :thumbdown:

I had such a bad experience there some years back in Fourways that I vowed I would never shop there again and I'd tell everybody I could at any opportunity not to support them.

Mistakes do happen. I know.they have bad reputation, but can you expect them to take a R7000 knock because of a mistake they made on a quote?

Mate of mine drives a new 520i. He went to a BMW dealer looking for a car, and the sales man talks up a storm, and he signs on the bottom line for a 520i, with sport pack for less than a standard 520i. Next day they try change their mind, he held up his copy of the OTP, and that's the car, at the price, he drives today. I've cocked up sales before, and had to carry the consequences. That's morals and ethics.

The fact that they try and get out of it, deserves contempts. F*&k em.

What does Mr Cajees think about this whole thing and his name being chucked in the french drain by all and sundry - he ever show his face on these forums?

Is Cajee pronounced like cagey? :huh:

:P

What does Mr Cajees think about this whole thing and his name being chucked in the french drain by all and sundry - he ever show his face on these forums?

Is Cajee pronounced like cagey? :huh:

:P

Because he is only in it for the money....he does not care about the sport.. :angry:

I had a bad experience with a LBS in Pinetown a while ago. Enquired in store about a Holdfast 3 bike folding rack. Price on Thursday was R450. Went back on Friday with cash in hand to buy it and was told that the price was actually R750 (They made a mistake...). That was the nail in the coffin for me. I would rather drive to Pavillion for a tube than shop there again :angry:

It is a matter of principle as far as I am concerned. The customer is always right blah, blah, blah, but can you put a price on bad publicity? You can't quantify the loss in sales due to bad customer service and word of mouth!

I had a bad experience with a LBS in Pinetown a while ago. Enquired in store about a Holdfast 3 bike folding rack. Price on Thursday was R450. Went back on Friday with cash in hand to buy it and was told that the price was actually R750 (They made a mistake...). That was the nail in the coffin for me. I would rather drive to Pavillion for a tube than shop there again :angry:

It is a matter of principle as far as I am concerned. The customer is always right blah, blah, blah, but can you put a price on bad publicity? You can't quantify the loss in sales due to bad customer service and word of mouth!

Also give the guys at the Westville Mall a try :thumbup:

Also give the guys at the Westville Mall a try :thumbup:

Thanks will do :thumbup: I use Dave Wiseman as he is reasonably close to work and I can get there and back in my lunch time. He has always been helpful and whoever is behind the counter will help you. If they don't know, they go and find somebody that does know!! :clap:

Mate of mine drives a new 520i. He went to a BMW dealer looking for a car, and the sales man talks up a storm, and he signs on the bottom line for a 520i, with sport pack for less than a standard 520i. Next day they try change their mind, he held up his copy of the OTP, and that's the car, at the price, he drives today. I've cocked up sales before, and had to carry the consequences. That's morals and ethics.

The fact that they try and get out of it, deserves contempts. F*&k em.

Yeah, tell me about it. :blink:

As I said, theres good faith involved in every transaction, sometimes you can negotiate a way around it and still have a customer walk out happy, sometimes you have to just carry the can, its part of all good business relations.