Price discrepancy – Cajees

Slakkepas

I got a amp marked at £199.00 which was supposed to be £1999.00 Went to pay and the cashier said £1999.00 , i told them its advertised at £199. Salesman came and said sorry his mistake but its £1999.00 . Caused a fuss till manager came to see what was going on and with out bliking he said I must be given the amp at the advertised price, then the sign must be changed and the salesman must pay in the diff.

But that was in the UK

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a amp marked at £199.00 which was supposed to be £1999.00 Went to pay and the cashier said £1999.00 , i told them its advertised at £199. Salesman came and said sorry his mistake but its £1999.00 . Caused a fuss till manager came to see what was going on and with out bliking he said I must be given the amp at the advertised price, then the sign must be changed and the salesman must pay in the diff.

But that was in the UK

That's the way it SHOULD work... Everywhere!

But that was in the UK

You sure you didn't just switch the price tags around? ;)

Ja, they do have a funny pricing system, they had an Epicon for R1200 cheaper than what I paid for it down the road!

Theirs was R900, I paid R2100 for mine! I could have wept but there you go, always check around!

They do score points with me for being open on a Sunday.

Just don't try going on a Friday at lunch time as I have done before - closed! :)

But that was in the UK

Yeah, its pretty much the same in most countries where the customer is prepared to stand his ground and shout. Unfortunately here, we are very accommodating of poor service, so when we receive what anyone else in the UK, Europe, the USA would expect as "normal" service, we get all warm and fuzzy.

Reminds me of a time in the USA in Macy's I think, they had a big table and a sign you could take 50% off the price of anything on the table. My wife was browsing through the stuff and picked up a bottle of perfume, went to the till and the cashier says the perfume was not registering the 50% on special discount so someone must have left it there by mistake. My wife says it was on the special's table so she wants the discount, the cashier calls the supervisor who didn't even blink an eye and told the cashier to deduct the 50% discount, "Sorry Madam its our mistake."

....but yeah, that was in the USA. :D

I have a hand writer invoice

I aint going to read through this whole thread.

If you had a handwritten invoice. Stamped or branded Cajees. A description and price for the bike.

You paid that and have p.o.p, then the bike is yours.

The price you see, is the price you pay.

Get hold of the CPA.

A discount between 20k and 26k is not unreasonable. They can not argue it.

BAD Cajees!

SILLY Hubber!

Just don't try going on a Friday at lunch time as I have done before - closed! :)

Cajees - ding dong...... go figure

If it was Van Der Merwe's it may have been open.

I got a amp marked at £199.00 which was supposed to be £1999.00 Went to pay and the cashier said £1999.00......... the sign must be changed and the salesman must pay in the diff.

I wouldnt have the heart to push through and take the 199 price if the salesman had to pay in, & it's clearly an ordinary mistake.

But then maybe the manager was bluffing to dissuade you from going through with it.

I remember ages back orderin an 8 quid bottle of wine and the waiter bought a 20 quid bottle by mistake. we made a fuss and the waiter had to pay in - he was distraught and we felt bad but it was his fault.

Cajees Centurion is very close to where I'm staying. They are waaay to expensive and I'm not interested in negotiations every time I want to buy something. So I stay clear. Enough other bike shops to go to.

Also give the guys at the Westville Mall a try :thumbup:

Heard there was a bike store out that way. Who is it?

I buy a lot of stuff from Cajees Centurion.

It's quite simple ~ know the going price, disregard the marked Cajees price and ask them what the actual price is. If the number is right, buy it, if not, walk.

9 times out of 10 I get the deal I want from them.

They know me, they know I won't take their crap, and they like my credit card. No problems.

The OP was very kind to them, under the same circumstances I wouldn't have been quite so accomodating.

You sure you didn't just switch the price tags around? ;)

nah im not that bad, it was a big written board

Cajees, of course has their own business model and policy regarding pricing and that's fine, some folk dont mind negotiating, personally I dont, but I dont want to get involved in that,...... what interests me is the owners are very obviously business savvy people, Cajees is not a small concern and they have more stock in each branch than one is likely to find in any other cycle shop, so I assume they are very profitable and the owners understand the market well, yet almost everyone here says you need to negotiate with them, I thought people didn't do that anymore and they liked to walk in, see what they wanted and pay for it without a haggle.

Seems I am wrong, do most people still like to haggle.?

Cajees, of course has their own business model and policy regarding pricing and that's fine, some folk dont mind negotiating, personally I dont, but I dont want to get involved in that,...... what interests me is the owners are very obviously business savvy people, Cajees is not a small concern and they have more stock in each branch than one is likely to find in any other cycle shop, so I assume they are very profitable and the owners understand the market well, yet almost everyone here says you need to negotiate with them, I thought people didn't do that anymore and they liked to walk in, see what they wanted and pay for it without a haggle.

By negotiating it feels like you are the winner in the deal. It's a psychological thing and the eastern shop owners know how to screw the westerners.

Cajees Centurion is very close to where I'm staying. They are waaay to expensive and I'm not interested in negotiations every time I want to buy something. So I stay clear. Enough other bike shops to go to.

Zoo Cookie, welcome back, even though in upgraded model

Haggling is actually a fine art. You have to learn how to do it in Africa. Not many haggling opportunities left over in SA. Cannot wait to "hit" Cajees!