Critical Mass Jozi - 27 September 2013

skidd

Pity about the two douchebags assaulting the motorist at the end. Put a damper on what was otherwise a pretty fun ride.

Serious? That's not cool. Did anyone put them in their place?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see that but I did see the girl who went over the handle bars just after the NM bridge. She was ok when I passed and had friends with her.

I really enjoyed the ride, spent some time at the front, in the middle and at the back.

Good to see so many "regulars" and great to meet freindly new poeple.

Also nice to see couples coming along together. Always a good move to try and involve your other half in something like this :-)

I rode for a bit with some guys I met through work and had invited. They enjoyed it too :-)

Pity about the two douchebags assaulting the motorist at the end. Put a damper on what was otherwise a pretty fun ride.

Ag no, was it two largeish okes? There were a couple at the start giving a driver **** and then in Fordsburg when one of them went down. Both times though they told by fellow riders to wind their necks in. Hope they were told to eff off!

Otherwise was an awesome ride, mate and I took a friend with who rode her first critical mass, she was thrilled. First time in years back on a bike, bunny ears and all.

We ducked early from Arts on Main back to Juta then hit the 'bar kroeg' at Xai Xai in Melville. Next thing, two other CM riders also pitch at the same spot. Classic.

Edited by danger dassie

Ag no, was it two largeish okes? There were a couple at the start giving a driver **** and then in Fordsburg when one of them went down. Both times though they told by fellow riders to wind their necks in. Hope they were told to eff off!

Otherwise was an awesome ride, mate and I took a friend with who rode her first critical mass, she was thrilled. First time in years back on a bike, bunny ears and all.

We ducked early from Arts on Main back to Juta then hit the 'bar kroeg' at Xai Xai in Melville. Next thing, two other CM riders also pitch at the same spot. Classic.

They were two guys in Santa outfits. One of them got bumped in the leg by a car, apparently, which led to an altercation that the Metro cops separated. Then they heard the driver complaining to the cops and they came running back and beat him up pretty badly. Was a very ugly incident and completely unnecessary.

They were two guys in Santa outfits. One of them got bumped in the leg by a car, apparently, which led to an altercation that the Metro cops separated. Then they heard the driver complaining to the cops and they came running back and beat him up pretty badly. Was a very ugly incident and completely unnecessary.

Wankers, sure they will get sorted! ... Santa suits though, think they got the 'gift of giving' all wrong blink.png

Idiots! Before long we'll read about CM being banned as an illegal gathering.

Then there was this from the FB page :) ....

"I really enjoyed seeing the cyclist stick together and chase down a guy trying to mug a motorist when we started - any idea if they caught him?"

They were Broken up by Think Bike Marshalls who marshalled the entire event.

They dooosh cyclist broke the drivers nose and after eventually both were calmed down, the driver of the car went ot hillbrow police sttion to lay a charge of assualt. Dont know what happened from there....

They were Broken up by Think Bike Marshalls who marshalled the entire event.

They dooosh cyclist broke the drivers nose and after eventually both were calmed down, the driver of the car went ot hillbrow police sttion to lay a charge of assualt. Dont know what happened from there....

Yoh!

:-O

Awesome, nice find Sean, amazing how the mass has grown, I did my first at the end of October or November last year( old age means I can't really remember when) and haven't missed one since, there were only about a hundred very dedicated people then! It is My absolute favorite ride. My only gripe is the attitude of both some drivers and cyclists, oh and the guys riding without helmets!!!!!.

Otherwise always a great time. Thanks to Melvin and the team for keeping up the effort every single time we ride.

I did my first at the end of October or November last year( old age means I can't really remember when) and haven't missed one since, there were only about a hundred very dedicated people then!

Were you there when 11 of us showed up in the rain? I think it was last year October... That was my first.

Saw my daughter in the Vid with some fat oke next to her. It took my wife to point out that it was me !!!

Hell, but the camera puts on some weight .......

Nice one. clap.gif

I am also in the vid. so i showed the kids last night they told me i am a show off. eek.gif