Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

I am on day 5 of not smoking. The cravings are the worst. Hope I will survive a kuier, because a dop & smoke is like battery and torch for me. How did you survive your first kuier?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on day 5 of not smoking. The cravings are the worst. Hope I will survive a kuier, because a dop & smoke is like battery and torch for me. How did you survive your first kuier?

For me I did not drink for a while, also avoided friends who smoked. It all depends on how strong you are!

Just make sure you gooi enough dop so that you black out. So even if you smoke then at least you wont remember it!!

the trick is to try and have as few dops as possible in the first month

Stopped smoking a year ago. Had a drag of my wifes smoke the other night after a few beers. Man it tastes like CRAP ! What was i thinking for 15 years? No chance of ever starting again i hope.

Stopped smoking a year ago. Had a drag of my wifes smoke the other night after a few beers. Man it tastes like CRAP ! What was i thinking for 15 years? No chance of ever starting again i hope.

Its that one drag, that gets you back, cause the next time you've had a few, it will be, Howz a drag? Good luck and keep it up :thumbup:

stopped smoking 4 years ago,totally agree you have to want to,also gave up alcohol 2 years 3months ago,found both habits were taking control of my life,it works for me.

Day 6. Still going strong :thumbup: - I find that I eat a lot more <_<

Well done. You don't have to eat more though, it is all in the mind - check my signature

my wife still smokes - so that was quite difficult!

My partner stopped before me so I wound up having to smoke outside and in my workshop.

To all those trying to quit. Good luck. Remember ...

1) You could have cravings even long after quiting. I remember when I quit, I had cravings up to three years later. But resisted and it paid of

2) It is easier to get over the nicotine addicition than the habit. The habit is the problem.

All the best.

has anyone managed to cut down, not stop smoking...like from 20 a day to like one every now and again 3-5 a week?

has anyone managed to cut down, not stop smoking...like from 20 a day to like one every now and again 3-5 a week?

Most likely will fail