Smoking and Cycling

Slowbee

too much boozing does that :D

I dont drink, but I used to smoke. ;) So much of confused - The voice just went faulty yesterday, today its almost gone. Not had a craving at all which im stoked about.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been 4 weeks now..... Stopped cause I wanted to be more competitive in the A bunch.... Not working yet, but i'm getting there. :D

I dont drink, but I used to smoke. ;) So much of confused - The voice just went faulty yesterday, today its almost gone. Not had a craving at all which im stoked about.

Does that not sound good Crack!!

I get those cravings in the evening after a meal.

Ok so I stopped on the 25th . Was really the kukkest 4 hours of my life !

Well Done Dirt-Rider. Must have been a crap weekend for you. :lol:

Well Done Dirt-Rider. Must have been a crap weekend for you. :lol:

I was so close too havin last night, the wife took my keys away, and locked my bike up so I couldnt ride to the shop - ha ha. Im havin wierd food cravings as well.

Do yourself a favour and eat what you want for a few days, do what you want for a few days, as long as you are busy and occupied you will forget about the smokes. Go and hammer yourself on the bike this afternoon so you are too tired this evening to think about smoking, once you are in bed asleep thats another 8 hours or so of not smoking! Stay away from what you associate with smoking, be it beer, coffee, lighting the braai, watching Army Wives on TV!

well done crack, the craving will pass and then there will be the times that when people around you smoke and the smell will make you think jees thats actually a siff habit. keep up the good work.

Thanks all for the encouragement folks, means a lot. Im gonna hit the gym hard tonight, and a good early morning ride tomorrow :D:D:rolleyes: - Can't stop the coffee just yet, thats gonna be hard as I dont drink alcohol.

I was so close too havin last night, the wife took my keys away, and locked my bike up so I couldnt ride to the shop - ha ha. Im havin wierd food cravings as well.

Oh yeah, I'm on 5 weeks now... already picked up 3kgs... :lol: but that's ok, I'll drop it again.

Thanks all for the encouragement folks, means a lot. Im gonna hit the gym hard tonight, and a good early morning ride tomorrow :D:D:rolleyes: - Can't stop the coffee just yet, thats gonna be hard as I dont drink alcohol.

I've done this a few times and I can safely say that drinking piles of water definately helps mate!! After 2-3 days its no longer addiction but breaking of the habit...

Just hang in there and remember you have control over that filthy habit now. You wil fore ever be reminded of it and you will want to start again...... it is Ok to feel like that and make peace with it because you have control now.

I hate to smell ..... and smoke..... other peoples smoke ..... that is the worst but be just like them...... they do not care about their own nor your health ...... tell them to get out of the room, car, meeting etc and go and stink somewhere else.

REMEMBER YOU ARE IN CONTROL AND IT OI OK TO FEEL LIKE HAVING A SMOKE........ JUST DO NOT HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!

Well done Crack.

I am watching this thread with glee.

Unfortunately I can't give advice, I have never had the habit.