Cricket......

E1A104

What a shocking cricket match! Our batting performance, the decision to take lunch, and another SA spinning wicket! 

WTF is going on????

I feel sorry for Markram, he's taking a lot of flak at the moment. But I do feel it was a good decision to make him stand in captain. He's young, very talented and obviously someone see good leadership in him. I just hope he stands up from this defeat and it makes him a better cricketer and person. 

What are they going to do to turn this around? Next in line as batsman is Behardien.. Whoopdeedoo!!!!  -_-

I hope AB had a good round of golf at least..  <_<

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is Reeza Hendricks not in contention? he's been in some solid form...

IMO making markram the captain was not a great decision, hes's young and inexperience so give him some time to work on this level and secure he's place in the team.

maybe give ontong a bat 

whois theProtea's batting coach? many, many of the top batsmen are playing away from their pads and some seriously loose shots/ aka fishing expeditions. There's appears to be a lack of disciplined batting from our batsmen. the lower order looks better simply because they are more naturally circumspect.

and omw, why the heck does Taahir keep bowling so damn flat and fast?! he is doing his best to not get the batsmen to move their headsup by not flighting the ball, and similarly, not giving it enough time to drift in the air.

Flat, fast, straight in the slot. BOOM! gone.

surprise surprise.

What a shocking cricket match! Our batting performance, the decision to take lunch, and another SA spinning wicket!

WTF is going on????

I feel sorry for Markram, he's taking a lot of flak at the moment. But I do feel it was a good decision to make him stand in captain. He's young, very talented and obviously someone see good leadership in him. I just hope he stands up from this defeat and it makes him a better cricketer and person.

What are they going to do to turn this around? Next in line as batsman is Behardien.. Whoopdeedoo!!!! -_-

I hope AB had a good round of golf at least.. <_<

That decision to take lunch was rather perplexing. Just get the game done with.

Agree with concerning Markram. He has been groomed to take over the captaincy and this will be a hard one since he has been thrown into the deep end. He will learn though and it'll stand him in good stead for the rest of his career.

As for the batting perhaps what is needed is a rejig of the line up. Markram and QdK opening, Amla, Zondo, Miller and then Duminy is how I think the top order should be. At least until AB gets back for the Pink game and we can get rid of Duminy. Zondo needs a proper run before we make any judgements on him. My 2c's fwiw.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk

I dunno if shuffling the batsmen around is going to solve the problem.. De Kock is horribly out of form, so is Amla (but to a lesser extent). Markram is new and inexperienced. Miller is way too inconsistent to count on. Duminy - I've aired my views on him plenty times before.. Zondo looks promising. Morris can hit hard for a few runs at the death.. Then we have a moerse long tail! I would drop at least 1 bowler and add another batsman to the top order. 

Then, we just seem to lack intelligence. Apparently, when India was bowling, Dhoni shouted to the spinners to slow it down and give more flight.  @Capricorn said it, Tahir did the exact opposite. It's a no-brainer who was right..

And again, when last did you see SA pick TWO spinners for an ODI game in SA?? 

Feared that this would happen - QdK also out with injury!

I wonder if we could coax Dave Richardson out of retirement. At least he could bat. 

Blooding youngsters is a good thing, but perhaps not opportune right now due to injuries combined with out of form senior players.

Should really consider the 'form' guys from the recent one day series - Momentum Cup, i Think. 

A really good article on our current selection problems/dilemmas.

Injuries hasten South Africa's 'Vision 2019' plan http://es.pn/2nJdHoN

via ESPNCricinfo app

I wonder if we could coax Dave Richardson out of retirement. At least he could bat.

Too busy running the ICC.

Too many senior experienced guys gone to Kolpak or elsewhere . Specifically Colin Ingram , smoking it in BBL, would be ideal to call on . Alas he's no more .

Hopefully Themba be fit before the series ends . He's surely the obvious replacement for Quinny at 1. Farhaan is a must to come in , always reliable .

the sports reporter on the radio this morning was saying how important the toss would be today as its notoriously difficult to chase on this ground. So we won the toss and chose to bowl. Can anybody explain this to me?

Blooding youngsters is a good thing, but perhaps not opportune right now due to injuries combined with out of form senior players.

Should really consider the 'form' guys from the recent one day series - Momentum Cup, i Think. 

I thought Dane Vilas would be the obvious choice for 'keeper as he's done well recently with the bat, BUT Klaasen has scored more runs.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/records/batting/most_runs_career.html?id=12037;type=tournament

Behardien another guy who has been in the mix and is currently on form.

Well we got a wicket before they scored runs! Good start..

Aaaand I spoke too soon.. Runs are flowing again

Is this seriously the best team we can put on the field? I sometimes wonder, why can't guys like Elgar and Philander not play ODI cricket as well? 

Aaaand I spoke too soon.. Runs are flowing again

Is this seriously the best team we can put on the field? I sometimes wonder, why can't guys like Elgar and Philander not play ODI cricket as well? 

Had this exact discussion just last night.

surely a guy like Philander should be a good enough cricketer to make the ODI squad. he might not have the pace but he has exceptional control of the ball. Think shaun pollock.