Cricket......

E1A104

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was still positive about the team going into the tournament, made a bet with a colleague that we would make the semi's.... Can't see that happening from looking at the three batting performances thus far.

At this stage I am wondering: Can we go through the entire tournament without winning a single game...?

Even Afghanistan looked like a decent challenge last night.

We were always expecting to battle to england and india.

dropping the bangladesh game has thrown a serious spanner in the works.

We will no doubt lose this game and then have a week of soul searching. We are MUCH better than how we are performing.

We should be able to beat all of windies/paki/nz and then it comes down to the final game against Aus. Seems unlikely.

In 1992, pakistan were almost mathematically knocked out once Jonty did his dive.

they were played 5, W1, L3, and a no result against England(where they were bowled out for 70 before the rain came). The only win was against Zim.

They won the next 5 games, and that was that.

Early flight back for the boys????

would you believe the final pool game is still 32 days away?!

backup? to whom? hahahaha....

I don't agree, these guys are all backup players not first choice. The legend of Kyle Abbott is a bit ridiculous. He has one excellent game against Ireland and somehow he's remembered as our version of Glenn McGrath. (he has an ODI bowling average north of 30).

That's what kolpak has done, take all the best players who aren't in the starting XI

whether you play cricket in 1819, 1919 or 2019, the side with the most runs win. runs on the scoreboard. you can apply pressure with a good score, that says it all.

Well the Amla for Markram move didn't work. I don't think we'll see # again this tournament.

when he played cricket, 3 runs per over was smashing it. things have changed a bit

whether you play cricket in 1819, 1919 or 2019, the side with the most runs win. runs on the scoreboard. you can apply pressure with a good score, that says it all.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_fielding_first=1;class=2;filter=advanced;groupby=overall;orderby=won;spanmin1=05+Jun+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team

last 4 years.

496 ODIs

235 won by team batting first

238 won by team chasing

so no it's not a simple case of winning the toss and batting first and winning

its convenient to backup your opinion with restricted factual criteria, like the last 4 years only...

wikipedia says since the advent of limited overs cricket, the side winning the toss and batting first has won 49% of the time, while the side batting second has won 47% of the time. statistically that is irrefutable, and the former is clearly the safer option. anyone with half a braincell can see that, and would be wise to follow suit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toss_(cricket)#Influence_of_toss_on_outcome

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?batting_fielding_first=1;class=2;filter=advanced;groupby=overall;orderby=won;spanmin1=05+Jun+2015;spanval1=span;template=results;type=team

last 4 years.

496 ODIs

235 won by team batting first

238 won by team chasing

so no it's not a simple case of winning the toss and batting first and winning

Our top-order batsmen should feel embarrassed that the lower order is carrying this innings towards something that you cant start to think about defending.

Somehow we reached 200, which I didn't believe was possible.

Now:

BAT. OUT. THE. OVERS.

Tail end should get a pat on the back. They ensured that we saw out the overs and also individually outscored out recognized batmen, except for Faf.

Now they need to go back out there and try to save the match with their bowling....

post-27827-0-90444900-1559740230_thumb.png

Edited by Swift&Aero