Cricket......

E1A104

Thabang Moroe’s CV. I guess this is a prime example of when you employ someone for other reasons than being qualified. CSA is falling apart thanks to this idiot. Well done BEE... well done...dd60cac6d38319e4885a109daaa35931.jpg

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

more CSA officials suspended. **** me this is getting ridiculous... I hope this CSA board gets dissolved at this emergency meeting tomorrow, what with 4 provincial unions having weighed in on the situation, sponsors complaining due to lack of proper management, Ali Bacher having weighed in etc etc...

I had to laugh after reading the article where Ali states "I don't dislike Thabang, we get along swimmingly, but he needs to step down, he is incompetent..." - HAHA, I couldn't agree more Doc!

and there it is, Standard Bank just announced that it won't be renewing its sponsorship of the men's Proteas Team.

Cape Town - Cricket South Africa (CSA) has received a financial blow with the news that Standard Bank - title sponsors of the men's national Test and ODI side - will not renew their deal with the organisation when it expires at the end of April next year. 

In a statement released on Friday, Standard Bank confirmed the news.

"This morning Standard Bank informed Cricket South Africa (CSA) that it will not renew its agreement as the title sponsor of the South African National Men’s Cricket Team when it concludes on 30 April 2020," the statement read. 

"Standard Bank has sponsored the National Cricket Team, and the CSA development programme through the Regional Performance Centres, for a long period. We are immensely proud of the many milestones reached." 

Standard Bank Group Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Thulani Sibeko, said the decision not to renew the sponsorship agreement was not taken lightly.  

"Standard Bank is committed to upholding the highest levels of leadership, integrity and governance. In light of recent developments at CSA, which are a culmination of long standing problems which have damaged Standard Bank’s reputation, it has decided not to renew its partnership with CSA," he said. 

"We wish the national cricket team well in the years ahead. The Test, ODI and T20 teams have made South Africans immensely proud over the years and we are grateful to have been a part of their journey."

The statement added:

"Cricket is a national asset valued by millions of South Africans, many of them our clients, and is an integral part of the bank’s heritage.

"Standard Bank considers it appropriate and fair to give CSA adequate notice so that it may explore alternative sponsorships to replace Standard Bank."

This comes at a time where CSA CEO Thabang Moroe and his leadership have come in for heavy criticism following what has been a disastrous few days for the organisation. "

Edited by gemmerbal

tata Thabang...

Suspended with immediate effect. With pay of course.

Night of the long swords

Many will die...not talking just about cricket.The whole friggen lot

I agree. I dont understand how the entire board escaped unscathed though. At least we will see Biff in the role of DoC, which is a step in the right direction in my view.

Night of the long swords

Many will die...not talking just about cricket.The whole friggen lot

I agree. I dont understand how the entire board escaped unscathed though. At least we will see Biff in the role of DoC, which is a step in the right direction in my view.

Biff as DoC is definitely a big step in the right direction. A lot needs fixing though and we are going to have to accept that it is going to be a rough ride ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the old guard in the house now!

post-1830-0-94426900-1576755324_thumb.png

good crop of guys involved...

Still happy for AB to fly a kite and make millions elsewhere. Avail yourself for your country (in whichever format and whenever they require you) or do not at all. Thats my feel. But alas, most of these guys involved now are his good mates.

Really keen to see what impact Kallis can make with his limited coaching experience at this level. Our batting is our sore point over the last few seasons.

I have to concur with most of the things you said. I also feel that way over ABD. It will send the wrong message to youngsters, move on, find new talent.

I am so chuffed over the decision to make Biff the DoC. He has been through the mill as captain of the Proteas, dealing with all the politics and so on. I really feel that he will make a big impact, if left to do things his way, just like he did with the captaincy when he took over from Polly.

I am quietly optimistic about the way things have panned out. It's just a pity it took so long, but I guess it needed the major sponsors to start making a noise for change to happen.

All that remains now is to get rid of Nenzani and the rest of the corrupt board members!

good crop of guys involved...

Still happy for AB to fly a kite and make millions elsewhere. Avail yourself for your country (in whichever format and whenever they require you) or do not at all. Thats my feel. But alas, most of these guys involved now are his good mates.

Really keen to see what impact Kallis can make with his limited coaching experience at this level. Our batting is our sore point over the last few seasons.

Very low expectations from this series... So far England haven't been great and we've handed them the advantage with easy wickets.

Pity about Hamza who looked solid.

Anyway wasn't Ntini working for SABC previously? Can't handle his "analysis"

What a shocking day for the Proteas. No fire!!!

Sadly, the brilliant QdK is going to be lost in this decade of mediocrity Edited by Stretch

I have lost so much interest in our cricket over the last few seasons. Years gone by, I would have had the TV on the whole day yesterday watching this test but I just wasn't interested yesterday. I also have found that majority of our tests, win or loose, don't go 5 days. Lets hope with all these new appointments I can get back into it as I really love the game and spent plenty hours at wanderers watching cricket with my folks as a lightie.