Most consecutive Test tosses lost by SA captains:

8 GC Smith 2008-09

7 F du Plessis 2019-20

6 PW Sherwell 1906-10

6 JE Cheetham 1954-55

6 WJ Cronje 1999-00

6 SM Pollock 2001-02

World record: 10 N Hussain 2000-01

*and 14 in a row with whiteball stuff included)

Umm... We won the first test... So how can faf have 7 in 2019/2020?

In red...

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have called you a tosser!

Nice comeback so far. Let's hope Joburg supports tomorrow

From where we were at tea to having them 4 down is a decent recovery although Root and Pope is digging in.

Edit:

Ok so play has been stopped due to bad light. I would say an even day for both teams.

Edited by Mntboy

England in the pound seats, pun intended

The Blommetjies have to do the playing / chasing the game to draw the series.

The visitors will be playing for time.

https://www.google.co.za/amp/s/www.rt.com/sport/479121-ben-stokes-fan-insult-south-africa/amp/

Ben Stokes not making friends with spectacled spectators, or with one of their main sponsors Specsavers... haha

As a sports fan I could never understand how other “fans” can openly verbally abuse players in public, by all means stand up and cheer and support your team. But the way this tjop did it it coming down to the players entrance and standing safely behind the fence while the tv cameras are on the player amounts to nothing but pathetic cowardly unsportsmanlike behavior.

Players like Stokes (Rabada) etc play with their hearts and fans pay money to come see them, so why the F act like a tjop and abuse the player?

Yes sure, Stokes is a professional and should know better, but then remember what I said about playing with your heart.... which is what we as fans want to see, not some dick hero throwing chirps that he would not if there was no safety from behind the fence

Rant off.... ????

As a sports fan I could never understand how other “fans” can openly verbally abuse players in public, by all means stand up and cheer and support your team. But the way this tjop did it it coming down to the players entrance and standing safely behind the fence while the tv cameras are on the player amounts to nothing but pathetic cowardly unsportsmanlike behavior.

Players like Stokes (Rabada) etc play with their hearts and fans pay money to come see them, so why the F act like a tjop and abuse the player?

Yes sure, Stokes is a professional and should know better, but then remember what I said about playing with your heart.... which is what we as fans want to see, not some dick hero throwing chirps that he would not if there was no safety from behind the fence

Rant off.... [emoji4]

Agreed 100%.

All we want to see in a match is that the players play with passion, heart and smarts. We don't need guys throwing cowardly insults from the sidelines potentially spoiling the contest because the players are worried about getting demerit points.

Agreed 100%.

All we want to see in a match is that the players play with passion, heart and smarts. We don't need guys throwing cowardly insults from the sidelines potentially spoiling the contest because the players are worried about getting demerit points.

Or heaven forbid the fans start behaving like some football fans....

We already bending over...

Not looking good ‍♂

At this rate and based on the last two matches it will be over tomorrow evening