Cricket......

E1A104

England's 10th wicket partnership 82

Proteas 74/5

Bliksem, there just is no way we can get it is this one.

Best case scenario we make it to 250.

We then bowl them out for 150.

Need 300 to win.

Never going to happen

Edited by Shebeen

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to mention the negative tone set by the opening batsmen...

That first 10+ overs we basically walked into the corner and gave England a sword. How we let them peg us back like that I don't know.

Rassie at no.3 as mentioned before, isn't a smart idea but yeah after dropping hamza (who knows why exactly) they left themselves no option.

Bavuma after 1 score in domestic cricket (where the quality of cricket is average at best) picks up where he left off on his international form...

I too think faf is gona throw in the towel after this series.

QDK again showing the rest how it's done just by playing positively. He really is streets ahead of the rest at the moment.

Wow that was such a disappointing day of cricket... Doubt I'll bother to watch the rest of the game. Will catch highlights at work on Monday morning ????‍♂️

QDK again showing the rest how it's done just by playing positively. He really is streets ahead of the rest at the moment.

Wow that was such a disappointing day of cricket... [emoji2357]

Yet so many people are saying that he needs to bat more responsibly

So disappointing.

I would say Faf wont survive this

6.31pm That'll be it for today. No question that it's England's day. South Africa bowled fairly well after a poor first hour, with Nortje's five-for the highlight, but Faf du Plessis completely lost the plot with a tactical disasterclass while Wood and Broad put on 82 in 50 balls for the last wicket, and it's been complete carnage since Malan fell to Wood in this innings. Several tame dismissals, and it looks like a completely different wicket with South Africa batting on it. Here's Miller to take you through the immediate reaction.

So disappointing.

I would say Faf wont survive this

6.31pm That'll be it for today. No question that it's England's day. South Africa bowled fairly well after a poor first hour, with Nortje's five-for the highlight, but Faf du Plessis completely lost the plot with a tactical disasterclass while Wood and Broad put on 82 in 50 balls for the last wicket, and it's been complete carnage since Malan fell to Wood in this innings. Several tame dismissals, and it looks like a completely different wicket with South Africa batting on it. Here's Miller to take you through the immediate reaction.

As likely to fall on his own sword as he is to be pushed. Don't think there's any surviving this horror showing.

The only thing I can say that has been good for us is that Nortje is definitely a test class bowler and that he fits in well with KG and Kesh. Now the docs and physio's need to get Ngidi fit enough to be able to play tests we'd have a capable bowling unit.

Sadly though they still would be covering over our batting woes!

As likely to fall on his own sword as he is to be pushed. Don't think there's any surviving this horror showing.

The only thing I can say that has been good for us is that Nortje is definitely a test class bowler and that he fits in well with KG and Kesh. Now the docs and physio's need to get Ngidi fit enough to be able to play tests we'd have a capable bowling unit.

Sadly though they still would be covering over our batting woes!

They need to persevere with Hamza.He is a class act in the making.They must sort out his technique like they did with Hash and look what happened

They need to persevere with Hamza.He is a class act in the making.They must sort out his technique like they did with Hash and look what happened

Agreed but Hash had the safety net of also having guys like Smith, Kallis, Prince and AB around to help ease in when he made his return into the team. We need to find another long term banker to help ease the pressure that Hamza will feel ito scoring big runs.

The performance challlenges for the Proteas:

???? bleeding out experience (now Vern, likely Faf, after Amla, Steyn, etc

???? chasing Test Champ points and the burden of expectation for young Test players to excel

???? mental exhaustion from a string of defeats and public embarrassment

???? Selecting then dropping Hamza as nr 3

Imo they should try David Miller at 4 or 5. Imo he has more to offer, but he seems to be seen as an ODI & t20 finisher.

What about Chris Morris? The rest of the world rates him highly as an allrounder, but not us.

Agreed but Hash had the safety net of also having guys like Smith, Kallis, Prince and AB around to help ease in when he made his return into the team. We need to find another long term banker to help ease the pressure that Hamza will feel ito scoring big runs.

I suppose so

Dont bring up AB

Stuff him