94.7 Expo (What not to miss)

Nickzta

Think I'll hit the Howtrain from Centurion 9am Friday :thumbup:

Fantastic idea sir! I was dreading the number collection until I read your post. Tomorrow I drive to the station and train it in.

Thanks for the heads up - guess I really need to recalibrate "car oriented" brain - never even thought about the Cowtrain...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic idea sir! I was dreading the number collection until I read your post. Tomorrow I drive to the station and train it in.

Thanks for the heads up - guess I really need to recalibrate "car oriented" brain - never even thought about the Cowtrain...

Indeed, do that, Sandton is a mess, I was in Katherine drive early this morning (nothing 94.7 related) and Grayston was backed up 30 minutes, around Sandton its chaos with the road works just on Fredman, if you can go by some other means except car do it, the aggro is not worth it.

Just got back.

Parking was already chaotic, but the collections queues weren't too bad.

Nice stands were Giant, Pinarello and shimano.

Some other nice stands as well, but nothing that stood out more than in previous years.

No scantily-clad dollies promoting things either, but there was some eye candy on display.

32gi stand is big and Mark was their talking nutrition - spent about 15minutes with him.

The fantastic biltong place is back, right at the exit so keep your cash.

Also, if you're looking for kit, anatomic has a stand selling most shirts at R250, which is a bargain. Nice designs without plentiful sponsor's branding, which I like.

Thanks!

No, there are bar one dollies, but their clothes were designed by a granny...

Shock horror...there goes my reason to walk through the expo... :(

What! no bar-one dollies :o

No, there are bar one dollies, but their clothes were designed by a granny...

So I guess they bar none. :D

mmmh, wonder whats a good time to go, what time does it close?

Thursday 17 November 2011: 10h00 - 18h00

Friday 18 November 2011: 10h00 - 18h00

Saturday 19 November 2011: 08h00 - 15h00

Don't forget your credit card Jatho!!

Think I will catch the Gautrain there at about 15:00 today.

My wife is at the expo all day so my plan for tomorrow is as follows:-

1. Get lift to Sandton with her in the morning.

2. Go to work in Jet Park via train

3. Catch train back to Sandton in afternoon.

4. Go to Expo

5. Get numbers

6. Buy my sidi shoes that I have been waiting for since May :clap:

7. Take her for supper

8. Get lift home after expo closes

Edited by I FLY

Every year I hated the thought of going to the registration. Normally tried to organise someone to get my number. But with the Gautrain, no problem. Had to go to Centurion to pickup some equipment. Parked at Centurion station and got on the train. No parking issues. And it seems to be a hit. On my way back I think almost everybody that got on the train in Sandton was cyclists. We were all waiting for the train with our goodie bag in hand :clap:

Every year I hated the thought of going to the registration. Normally tried to organise someone to get my number. But with the Gautrain, no problem. Had to go to Centurion to pickup some equipment. Parked at Centurion station and got on the train. No parking issues. And it seems to be a hit. On my way back I think almost everybody that got on the train in Sandton was cyclists. We were all waiting for the train with our goodie bag in hand :clap:

Great news! Doing the Gautrain thing tomorrow!

Just what I plan tomorrow morning, what was the cost if I may ask?

How much time to go there and get back?

My wife is at the expo all day so my plan for tomorrow is as follows:-

1. Get lift to Sandton with her in the morning.

2. Go to work in Jet Park via train

3. Catch train back to Sandton in afternoon.

4. Go to Expo

5. Get numbers

6. Buy my sidi shoes that I have been waiting for since May :clap:

7. Take her for supper

8. Get lift home after expo closes

What sidi shoes are you getting? Also planning to have a look at their new Ergo 3's