94.7 on a new bike

Gunston

I'm picking up my new Bianchi C2C on Friday afternoon and am playing with the idea of breaking it in on Sunday - bad idea or do you think it would be OK? I can do the 90km quite easily on my TT bike and I will probably take the new bike on a 60 - 90km ride out first time anyway so any reason not to take her out on Sunday?

Just brought in a bike in from Italy myself so I'm in the same boat. Probably not a great idea to be honest but I'm taking it easy on sunday because I'm not really fit anyway. Also gonna do a ride beforehand to get used to the feel of it. Be interested to see what other peoples opininions are actually...

I'm picking up my new Bianchi C2C on Friday afternoon and am playing with the idea of breaking it in on Sunday - bad idea or do you think it would be OK? I can do the 90km quite easily on my TT bike and I will probably take the new bike on a 60 - 90km ride out first time anyway so any reason not to take her out on Sunday?

Take it for at least an hour on the Saturday first to iron out any teething problems and check your setup is correct.

Pick it up Friday, do the setup, take a 30k spin on Saturday to check things out, and use it on Sunday.

It's only the 94.7, not a stage of the Tour. No biggie.

It will take a very strong person to get a new bike then leave it in the garage and race the old one.

If it was me, I wouldn't give it a second thought ~ I would ride the new bike.

I am also in the same boat, got my new bike last Friday, only ridden it twice since then but I am definitely doing the 94.7 on it.

As long as you check it before to make sure your setup is ok and the bike is working fine, like gears etc.

I got a new bike 2 weeks before 70.3 this year and it made a huge difference to my ride leg. I'm assuming you have upgraded so your new bike should do the same.

I'd say go for it and have a blast and don't give it a seconds thought!

Edited by Zula

For me, I will use it for the race, but most important to do:

1) Take it for proper bike set-up.

2) Sign insurance for it.

3) Take it for 2hrs ride with few short sprints.

For me, I will use it for the race, but most important to do:

1) Take it for proper bike set-up.

2) Sign insurance for it.

3) Take it for 2hrs ride with few short sprints.

Any suggestions for insurance companies to speak to?

Any suggestions for insurance companies to speak to?

Cyclesure! :thumbup:

Enjoy the new bike!!!! Ride it like you stole it! :D

You have to use it. TT bikes are technically not allowed in road events such as the 94.7 (however, organisers often seem to turn a blind eye)

Pick it up Friday, do the setup, take a 30k spin on Saturday to check things out, and use it on Sunday.

It's only the 94.7, not a stage of the Tour. No biggie.

It will take a very strong person to get a new bike then leave it in the garage and race the old one.

If it was me, I wouldn't give it a second thought ~ I would ride the new bike.

I guess I am a strong person then.... getting my grouppo for my new bike build soon (got everything else) and rather riding my old bike for the DC and Burger cycle race..... rather breaking her in over Dec holidays.

You have to use it. TT bikes are technically not allowed in road events such as the 94.7 (however, organisers often seem to turn a blind eye)

You can use TT bike with road bars....

I guess I am a strong person then.... getting my grouppo for my new bike build soon (got everything else) and rather riding my old bike for the DC and Burger cycle race..... rather breaking her in over Dec holidays.

Pics?

Pics?

Will do as I build.... gonna be very soon after the 15th Dec - I work at a construction company so have compulsory leave from 15/12/11 to 09/01/12. Only leaves 3 or so days leave for during the year though :thumbdown: