What watch are you wearing?

gummibear

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Soon after I wrote that earlier I came across a for sale pic of the only Tag I've ever REALLY wanted... The Gulf livery Monaco. I'm a sucker for Gulf coloured anything

Good Lord The Gulf  Monaco. Probably the best looking Tag there is.

My other favourite is the Carrera.

Soon after I wrote that earlier I came across a for sale pic of the only Tag I've ever REALLY wanted... The Gulf livery Monaco. I'm a sucker for Gulf coloured anything

Are you the one that had that amaizing paint job done by bogus?

4d253bf29027db2c7817409ae067d9f0.jpg

Edited by Delarey

Definitely try and wear it a bit before you ever buy. I learned the hard way with my IWC Big Pilot that comfort is very important. I loved that watch, but I started to wear it less and less after the novelty wore off 

Nah I'll never buy it, as the years tick by I'm realizing I'd rather spend my shekles on travel than a watch. I do say though good watch buying (if done properly) is a great investment/asset though. Certainly better than a lot of other more typical classes. 

My first ever bonus (and as it turns out my last ....) went into a IWC. I LOVE the brand. That and Panerai are my top of the pops. If I come across fair pre-owned deal one day, who knows.

We were in Zurich end of last year and walking mouth agape through those watch shops was a fantastic experience. 

The USSR navy diver my boet gave me for my 40th birthday. The thing is HUUUUGE:

I spy a strap..  :ph34r:  :thumbup:

I love divers watches, especially ones with cool stories like this, (its a pity there isn't a little rusky emblem on the face.)

I spy a strap..  :ph34r:  :thumbup:

I love divers watches, especially ones with cool stories like this, (its a pity there isn't a little rusky emblem on the face.)

Unfortunately, the Ruskies didn't spend money on niceties on these. You should see the original "strap"...

The strap you spy is from www.cheapestnatostraps.com 

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/nato-regimental/products/nato-regimental-strap-light-blue-black-and-orange-20-mm 

Edited by Patensie

Unfortunately, the Ruskies didn't spend money on niceties on these. You should see the original "strap"...

The strap you spy is from www.cheapestnatostraps.com 

https://www.cheapestnatostraps.com/collections/nato-regimental/products/nato-regimental-strap-light-blue-black-and-orange-20-mm 

Yeah nato straps are awesome. 

Its great to be able to chop and change straps, it just gives an old watch a fresh new take on life. 

Nah I'll never buy it, as the years tick by I'm realizing I'd rather spend my shekles on travel than a watch. I do say though good watch buying (if done properly) is a great investment/asset though. Certainly better than a lot of other more typical classes.

My first ever bonus (and as it turns out my last ....) went into a IWC. I LOVE the brand. That and Panerai are my top of the pops. If I come across fair pre-owned deal one day, who knows.

We were in Zurich end of last year and walking mouth agape through those watch shops was a fantastic experience.

I totally agree re IWC and Panerai. Almost pulled the trigger on a IWC Le Petit Prince recently, but was not ready to sell anything yet. The 43mm size with classic pilot look is stunning and super comfortable

30c4c3595244b819950c00c0c3f72218.jpg

Head over to Lug to Lug, locally run, Roelf is a super guy and awesome to deal with.. 

www.lugtolug.co.za

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...