What do the pro's take??

Wonder Woman

I'm very curious what the pro's take for supplementation and recovery. I'm soooo struggling with fatigue and muscle pain...would be nice to be able to live a normal life again??

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very curious what the pro's take for supplementation and recovery. I'm soooo struggling with fatigue and muscle pain...would be nice to be able to live a normal life again??

Train a lot.

Sleep. A LOT!

WW,

The pros, generally:

Take afternoon naps.

Sleep more than 10 hrs at night.

Have daily massages.

Have regular physiotherapy with every possible niggle.

Have eating plans to the littlest of details.

Depending on sponsorship, they use GU, Hammer, and all other products that are mostly available to us.

Illegal stuff and then whatever else the super expensive dietician tells them to eat.

My advice, get on to Polar trainer and change your life.

Take a whey protein shake no later than 40min after your ride/race. This should help alot with your recovery. Do not mistake this for a meal as you still need to consume solids. Obviously you still need alot of rest and sleep.

If you want to shed some weight then take only the whey but if you want to maintain or increase your weight take some maltodextrim with the whey. I am no personal trainer or nutritionist but have found these methods to work very well for me. Try and get pure/clean (no added sugar etc) whey and maltodextrim seperately and mix them together.

There is this guy called Dr Ferrari. He lives in italy and specializes in what you are asking.

And he doesnt know Lance

..and he lives in Italy. :D

Take a whey protein shake no later than 40min after your ride/race. This should help alot with your recovery. Do not mistake this for a meal as you still need to consume solids. Obviously you still need alot of rest and sleep.

If you want to shed some weight then take only the whey but if you want to maintain or increase your weight take some maltodextrim with the whey. I am no personal trainer or nutritionist but have found these methods to work very well for me. Try and get pure/clean (no added sugar etc) whey and maltodextrim seperately and mix them together.

There is some literature that says caffeine can aid refueling of muscles post-exercise.

There is some literature that says caffeine can aid refueling of muscles post-exercise.

yeast ? and this stuff , C2H5OH?

Recovery recovery recovery, so getting enough sleep is vital.

Supplements wise, there's plenty out there, Just have to find what works for you. Which means trial and error.

Personally I'm sold on the Epic Pro, expensive initially but I find I don't use the full serving suggestion, so it lasts me a fair while.

yeast ? and this stuff , C2H5OH?

Recovery drink of champions. And should you be bust by authorities, employ the "JD defence".