Endomondo, amazing app!!

Soggy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

after using endomondo for ages, i moved over to www.strava.com - a very similar concept, but with better analysis i reckon- the app supports iphone and andriod... aswell as your GPS units like the garmin edge series.

I just got a mail from Endo saying that the Pro version will go on special for two 24h periods in the next two weeks on the Android market for only 0.10$. Apparanlty the iPhone and Blackberry versions are on sale too

Re the GPS problems. I use mine on a MB525 - I press the GPS icon to start the GPS then the Endo icon to start Endo, wait for the endo app to load up, press start (I've set the waiting period to 20 secs as I like to faff) and then press the button on top of the phone to deactivate the screen. Never bother to check if it's found satellites or all that stuff and it works fine.

I think a lot of the issues people are having are GPS issues, related to the phone.

I just got a mail from Endo saying that the Pro version will go on special for two 24h periods in the next two weeks on the Android market for only 0.10$. Apparanlty the iPhone and Blackberry versions are on sale too

i also got that email

love using my endo.

used it this weekend at reitvlei until the bat died but got most of my laps in.

Re the GPS problems. I use mine on a MB525 - I press the GPS icon to start the GPS then the Endo icon to start Endo, wait for the endo app to load up, press start (I've set the waiting period to 20 secs as I like to faff) and then press the button on top of the phone to deactivate the screen. Never bother to check if it's found satellites or all that stuff and it works fine.

I think a lot of the issues people are having are GPS issues, related to the phone.

I'm running a HTC Wildfire , and had issues with gps signal until the first endo update i did, never had issues since.

i don't think its all the phone but rather the software updates for the phone.

Another app/option to look at

GPSLogger2, works great on the Blackberry, then upload to strava.

G

Right.

So I used this Endomondo thing today. Aside of a small stuffup because of answering a phone call, it appeared to do the tracking thing.

At the end it said - UPLOAD - pressed it. Did it's thing, and said - UPLOADED.

Now I go to Endomondo.com - sign in - NOTHING.

Can not see UPLOADS anywhere. My overall summary (I assume it is mine) says I have done 0 trips around the world, and I have burned 0 Burgers.

So, ye techno youths - where the hell is my two hours worth of riding and (more importantly) the mapped trail ?? <_<

I can see it on my phone, under MAP, but it is ye small, and not even a GE map!

Drongo, I'm assuming you signed up for an account first and put these details onto your phone to log in? Stupid to ask but sometimes it's the small things that are missed.

Personally I am dissatisfied with the amount of "on phone" data provided for historical workouts with Endomondo. Sports Tracker allows you to view, and compare, heart rate, altitude, speed, heart rate etc on the actual phone without reference to the website. Endomondo doesn't. Unless this is perhaps only on the Nokia version?

Drongo, I'm assuming you signed up for an account first and put these details onto your phone to log in? Stupid to ask but sometimes it's the small things that are missed.

Personally I am dissatisfied with the amount of "on phone" data provided for historical workouts with Endomondo. Sports Tracker allows you to view, and compare, heart rate, altitude, speed, heart rate etc on the actual phone without reference to the website. Endomondo doesn't. Unless this is perhaps only on the Nokia version?

Uhm. Yes?

And then I did the activation thing.

Personally I am dissatisfied... yes, that is a good summary. I don't need all the waffle, my heart beats, my legs turn, my head swears at my knees when I go up, and my knees swear at my head when i go down ---

I just want the damn route. I have a Dimsung Galaxy S II one, not a Mokia.

Everything is showing re the distances etc. Under Maps, a small squiggly line. The OP fella said it a. Can be downloaded to Goggle Earth b. is all there when you open the page and 3. Is easy to understand.

Now I ain't exactly stupid. But I am guessing he is like 22, and grew up with computers... <_<

Edited by The Drongo

So when you are going to endomondo.com you are signing in with your log in details?

When I log in I click on workouts and all of them appear in a calender view. If I then click on one I am shown a summary of the workout together with a map of the route. The options are given to export etc.

post-28653-0-78697500-1323289915.jpg

PS I have a sneaky suspicion that top speed is inaccurate though! :D

Edited by Clint_ZA

Right.

So I used this Endomondo thing today. Aside of a small stuffup because of answering a phone call, it appeared to do the tracking thing.

At the end it said - UPLOAD - pressed it. Did it's thing, and said - UPLOADED.

Now I go to Endomondo.com - sign in - NOTHING.

Can not see UPLOADS anywhere. My overall summary (I assume it is mine) says I have done 0 trips around the world, and I have burned 0 Burgers.

So, ye techno youths - where the hell is my two hours worth of riding and (more importantly) the mapped trail ?? dry.gif

I can see it on my phone, under MAP, but it is ye small, and not even a GE map!

You need to be signed in on your phone too - checked that? Otherwise I imagine you upload into Cyberspace...

Snap!! It's like taking candy from a baby!!!

What are you taking about, perhaps get to know Endomondo a litte better first!

Endo does offer all the history on your phone without logging into the website! Hit Menu - History - and voila all your training is there.

If there is a tick next to the workout has been uploaded, if there is a cross, it has not been uploaded. So check under History Drongo your workout will be there, hit Menu - Upload! Might be that your data connection wasnt great at the time you tried uploading.

Under History you can review you workout, view the profile, upload to bookface and all the rest, ON YOUR PHONE without logging into the website!

Edited by Tankman

Yeah, cause the Android market hit it's 10 billionth download. The Android market will have a multitude of apps at 10US cents each over the next 10(9) days.

The endomondo devs are just being nice and dropping the price for BB and apple apps to the lowest they can for the corresponding periods.

Android fellas, go have a blast.

Help.What phone will work with endo,my wife's phone need a upgrade :D :D so what phone do I take.What is andriod ??