Endomondo, amazing app!!

Soggy

Played around on my Android phone..

I have saved my workouts in the History section of the phone since Oct 9th, 2011, 59 hours of riding to date, so 59 hrs of data collection on Endo.

Total data saved by the App was 6.12 MB.

Then deleted all the workouts in the History and the data saved dropped to 2.64 MB.

So I deduce that the 59 hrs worth of data equals 3.5 MB.

So data transfer should cost you very little to upload,

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So when you are going to endomondo.com you are signing in with your log in details?

When I log in I click on workouts and all of them appear in a calender view. If I then click on one I am shown a summary of the workout together with a map of the route. The options are given to export etc.

post-28653-0-78697500-1323289915.jpg

PS I have a sneaky suspicion that top speed is inaccurate though! :D

I't logged my top speed at 100km/h the other day. Dont know why as my av speed was pretty accurate. Any way it was cool to see.

Did it again this morning.

Sat down now and went into Endo on the phone.

Opened History - clicked UPLOAD.

Tells me it has uploaded.

BIG Tick next to the workout in History.

Go to www.End....com, sign in, click History - blank calender.

What is going on?

I was sent a mail link to register. Did that, both on the phone and on the site itself.

All the workouts AND the maps are visible on the phone, but in an iffy squiggled line. Nothing like Klints fancy page. Other than UPLOAD, what else must I do?

VERY <_<

Ahaah.

I see that there is a discrepancy between my site registered email address, and the address on the phone. For some reason, it has registered my work gmail account on the phone.

But there is nadda in that inbox.

Corrected on the phone now. So is all this stuff (still on my phone history) lost 'out there' now?

Hi there

It probably uses like strava the from address as the pointer as to which client the GPX file belongs to, so if there was a difference between the address the phone send it as/from and the email address registered in Endomondo then you found the problem.

Endo would just have ignored the GPX files thinking it is invalid.

G

I used the app on my iPhone and got less than 3hours of battery after being charged 89%. So is it safe to assume that you will not get more than 4hrs out off your iPhone? The pep talk was switched off and the screen was locked.

How can I turn the auto upload off on the iPhone? I tried searching the web but couldn't get any answers.

I have read through the posts but can not see of my question has been posted before so apologies if I missed it

Edited by Grondpad

I used the app on my iPhone and got less than 3hours of battery after being charged 89%. So is it safe to assume that you will not get more than 4hrs out off your iPhone? The pep talk was switched off and the screen was locked.

How can I turn the auto upload off on the iPhone? I tried searching the web but couldn't get any answers.

I have read through the posts but can not see of my question has been posted before so apologies if I missed it

Bumpity BUMP

Anyone?

Pro version of the application is selling for R0.89 today. Grab it while you still can.

89c!

How do you pay for that, with a CREDIT CARD? <_<

FPS! Why don't they just GIVE IT AWAY?

89c!

Or add it to my cell phone bill or something. daft is what it is.

89c!

89 cents HTFlip do youse get it for 89 cents, even if thats US cents?

SFr 4.00 for the pro version here

Also can't find a "auto upload" option on the iPhone to switch off.

I did a 4H30 ride over the weekend and it didn't even use half of my battery power. Do you switch your screen off after locking it?

Also can't find a "auto upload" option on the iPhone to switch off.

I did a 4H30 ride over the weekend and it didn't even use half of my battery power. Do you switch your screen off after locking it?

I don’t think it switches off because last night I ran with my phone and even though the screen locked, the backlight still shined. I will try this on my next ride

Thanks for the tip!

Having trouble now with the GPS accuracy.

Capture points are too far apart, so switchbacks become straight lines on map, and repeated laps do not overlap! Seems this might be a problem with Samsung GII and Endo.

Anyone using Google MyTracks?

Downloaded. Going to give it a try.

RIGHT.

Endomondo sucks.

GOOGLE MY TRACKS. :thumbup:

You can set:

marker frequency

Times between point

Distance between points

Distance between tracks

GPS accuracy

And it is ALL for free, no "Buy the Pro version NOW for .89c BS!

As can be seen from the Endomondo clip, overlying tracks DON'T, Switchbacks and twisty trail is lost and replaced with a straight line. (This is eg 1 of 4!- all as bad))

Google My Tracks follows all the twisty bits. Where trail is gone over twice it is almost on the button. (This is eg 1 0f 1, winner first time!)

Dropped a few small areas with GMTracks, but then the area is far more forested, than the area ridden on Endo.

Endomondo = :thumbup: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: ENDED

Google My Tracks = :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbdown:

Just ensure you set SHARING settings ON, go to Google My Maps, and view. If you don't, it won't even share with you.

post-20304-0-24637900-1324021474.jpg

post-20304-0-74784100-1324021500.jpg

post-20304-0-16555600-1324021555.jpg

post-20304-0-07350000-1324021642.jpg