So you kick my car and run

jog5000

:eek: the server is in bloem ?

Right!

I always wondered what Bloem was there for. It's bloody cold enough for servers!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I want to know is...

Did the kick your car? Or kick AT it?

Did he damage it? Could you perhaps give us the FULL story?

What kind of shoes was he wearing? What size were they? Are there witnesses to corroborate this?

Question is, why did he run after kicking the car? Riding would've been much easier, but maybe he's a cyclocrosser/cyclocrossist.

Question is, why did he run after kicking the car? Riding would've been much easier, but maybe he's a cyclocrosser/cyclocrossist.

Cycling, kicking and running - perhaps some new martial arts xterra derivative?

/Morning rant on/

After seeing again this morning how taxis drive and their lack of respect to the traffic rules.

I was thinking about this thread....

I have a question....

Why is that hubbers/cyclist get involved when another cyclist breaks the law and then the feel that they have to do/say something or report them....BUT I see no reaction from drivers when Taxis do what they want to.

I shouted at a taxi..."you are not allowed to do that" only to get the response "f*** OFF, are you traffic?"

So maybe I am missing something, but has thehub become a place to come and express your view, ie hit the soft target?

I am yet to see a cyclist do as much damage as a taxi, normally the cyclist looses anyway.....so could we all either stop the bashing of fellow cyclist OR apply the same rules to ALL users of the road?

BTW don’t tell me you reported a TAXI...you and I both know that reporting anything to the traffic department is a waste of time. They want to make the easy money NOT enforce safety.

/Morning rant off/

Good point you have there. Taxis will soon eliminate themselves and their passengers. Look at all the road accidents they are having. Another one crashed into the wall near Steenberg the other day. I see that as another taxi off the road. Super stuff. These guys are killing machines. The quicker they kill themselves the better for me.I cannot feel sorry for their passengers anymore as these guys could prevent this if they stood up against the drivers. They don't. Simply put the sooner each one writes themself off the happier I become.

Good point you have there. Taxis will soon eliminate themselves and their passengers. Look at all the road accidents they are having. Another one crashed into the wall near Steenberg the other day. I see that as another taxi off the road. Super stuff. These guys are killing machines. The quicker they kill themselves the better for me.I cannot feel sorry for their passengers anymore as these guys could prevent this if they stood up against the drivers. They don't. Simply put the sooner each one writes themself off the happier I become.

I agree, and the traffic porkers do nothing to stop the taxis doing what they want. The cops were pulling off cars on the road to Makro on Monday and almost 10 metres away taxis were parked right next to a sign that indicates no parking! Useless....

Good point you have there. Taxis will soon eliminate themselves and their passengers.

How soon is soon, seems like the last 20 odd years has not been soon enough.

I occasionaly use the taxis along Main Rd between Claremont and Mowbray in Cape Town. Yes, they are a law unto themselves, yes they are annoying to other drivers (including me), yes they are a menace to cyclists (including me), but they are bloody efficient at moving people. They probably move more people more cheaply than anyone else. Without them our country and our businesses cannot function. It is futile to get angry at them, just accept the reality and drive/ride defensively to take their eratic behviour into account. In my neck of the woods, I see the traffic police regularly confronting taxis, so they are doing something. (How's that for a different viewpoint, open-mided Hubbers?)

eeiissh taxis..... I have a theary that if everyone occupied the yellow lanes like taxi drivers do, then where would the taxis go??? Myself and a handfl of cars do this on a certain stretch of road, lets face it, it is quicker than sitting in the q. However if everyone did it, then there would not be a mini bus speeding pass us, instead everyone would be waiting. Pity the masses wont do this

How soon is soon, seems like the last 20 odd years has not been soon enough.

Too true. It seems that we are getting to a stage where the condition of these things is so bad that they have no opotion but to fail.

Edited by Top Fuel

eeiissh taxis..... I have a theary that if everyone occupied the yellow lanes like taxi drivers do, then where would the taxis go??? Myself and a handfl of cars do this on a certain stretch of road, lets face it, it is quicker than sitting in the q. However if everyone did it, then there would not be a mini bus speeding pass us, instead everyone would be waiting. Pity the masses wont do this

Man, are you for real? Expect a vrot Naartjie on your windscreen if you pass me driving in the yellow lane while I patiently wait in the q. :angry:

/Morning rant on/

After seeing again this morning how taxis drive and their lack of respect to the traffic rules.

I was thinking about this thread....

SNIP SNIP SNIP

BTW don’t tell me you reported a TAXI...you and I both know that reporting anything to the traffic department is a waste of time. They want to make the easy money NOT enforce safety.

/Morning rant off/

I have been reporting Taxis for ages along a stretch of road I ride and drive on every day. So yesterday, the Metro cops where out stopping taxis for the exact complaint I made, taxis stopping anywhere ;) So it does help sometimes, although I have been complaining on a regular basis that an accident will happen or someone will be killed, a young schoolgirl was killed.

Strangely, I find the taxis are often among the more considerate drivers when I commute.

I have also experienced this. :thumbup: