ASG Trans Baviaans 24hr MTB Marathon 2012

EcoBound MTB Events

Anyone looking for accommodation?

We have 3 beds available due to last minute drop-outs.

are the beds still going? before and after the ride?

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody tell me if a substitution rider is allowed. My ride partner may have to pull out due to injury....we are in a two man team....and I have a stand by rider who is prepared to go in his place..... Sent Ecobound message but awaiting reply..... Every now and then life throws you a curve ball.....I guess what you do with it....is what matters :mellow:

Did the ride this week end from Willomore to the never ender. In my opinion there is no reason as why we will not do the route.There may be a lot more water at the moment but all is passable. The deepest is about thigh deep. So for those that were hoping to do the Langs die baviaans I think that you are going to be disappointed.

Lets hope that there is no more rain in that area for the next 3 weeks.

Can anybody tell me if a substitution rider is allowed. My ride partner may have to pull out due to injury....we are in a two man team....and I have a stand by rider who is prepared to go in his place..... Sent Ecobound message but awaiting reply..... Every now and then life throws you a curve ball.....I guess what you do with it....is what matters :mellow:

Yip, substition is allowed. We had to do it last year, think it was a R50 'admin fee' though.

Did the ride this week end from Willomore to the never ender. In my opinion there is no reason as why we will not do the route.There may be a lot more water at the moment but all is passable. The deepest is about thigh deep. So for those that were hoping to do the Langs die baviaans I think that you are going to be disappointed.

Lets hope that there is no more rain in that area for the next 3 weeks.

Great news!!!

Yip, substition is allowed. We had to do it last year, think it was a R50 'admin fee' though.

Thanks for the reply :thumbup: Now it seems like the curve ball has really got a spin on it!! My standby rider is no longer available........my 1st Trans B is in danger of being a pipe dream :unsure: I cant seem to find another rider......

Thanks for the reply :thumbup: Now it seems like the curve ball has really got a spin on it!! My standby rider is no longer available........my 1st Trans B is in danger of being a pipe dream :unsure: I cant seem to find another rider......

Hi Skywalker1

Are you a 2 man team entry?

Where are you based?

What sort of pace do you ride at?

I'm pretty keen but I would need to be sure we are at very similar levels.

We had more than 40mm of rain in the last 24 hours in most parts of the Western Cape. If this rain follows through to the catchment area of the Baviaans we kinda scr$w$d as far as the old route is concerned. Hopefully the organisers will start thinking about changes earlier this year......

Any one looking to join a guy who has a two-man-team entry?

He is a good rider, Epic-finisher, based in PE.

Or is some one interested in buying the whole 2-man-team entry?

We had more than 40mm of rain in the last 24 hours in most parts of the Western Cape. If this rain follows through to the catchment area of the Baviaans we kinda scr$w$d as far as the old route is concerned. Hopefully the organisers will start thinking about changes earlier this year......

Yeah also checked the news last night and things does not look good :wacko:

Think you should prepare yourself for a wet langs baviaans :thumbdown:

Raining very lightly in Jbay right now.....nothing like the 50mm type of rain predicted....

I will post here if it gets any heavier. We normally see the rain pass us a few km ofthe shore when it goes to attack PE :ph34r:

ASG MTB Club does recce of Trans Baviaans route before the race taking place on 18 August 2012!

SEE YOU THERE! :thumbup:

post-16745-0-27044600-1344235534.jpg

ASG MTB Club does recce of Trans Baviaans route before the race taking place on 18 August 2012!

SEE YOU THERE! :thumbup:

looking at the date of the picture taken, you guys are over training.

guys anyone know of transport companies taking bikes down from JHB, not too keen on sticking my mtb on the plane.

also i am looking for accommodation (yeah i know its late) for the friday. any one selling?