NINER???

Cyclenatic

Hi guys, where in Pta can i get niner bikes?? plaese if anyone can help??

and what do you think of the santa cruz highball??

Contact Tyson @ Coolheat on 011 608 2003 - he'll put you in touch with a PTA retailer.

I have just bought the new Air 9 Alu and it is a fine machine...

Eldron, how does the Air9 compare ride wise to the Giant XTC? Can you feel any handling difference?

Hey Iron

You well?

That the NINER Air 9 frame that is SS compatible with horizontal dropouts?

Sounds LEKKER!!!

Hey Iron

You well?

That the NINER Air 9 frame that is SS compatible with horizontal dropouts?

Sounds LEKKER!!!

the problem with that is that coolheat are not gonna bring them in. spoke to them at the end of last year and they said that there are none on order because they need to order 9 at a time or something like that and they not sure they gonna sell.

Hi,

Have just recieved my new toy a RDO in Tang.

First ride and this bike is fast no need for the propedal once set up. Put the propedal on and it becomes a HT!!!!

Fox front and back,

Full XT

Hope evo II on Arch rims

12KG,s

post-15822-0-57146000-1326741924.jpg

Dangle is practically in Pretoria, he is definitely your man...

Where is the like button for the pic above?

Hi,

Have just recieved my new toy a RDO in Tang.

First ride and this bike is fast no need for the propedal once set up. Put the propedal on and it becomes a HT!!!!

Fox front and back,

Full XT

Hope evo II on Arch rims

12KG,s

when I grow up i'm gonna get me one of them!

Eldron, how does the Air9 compare ride wise to the Giant XTC? Can you feel any handling difference?

When I bought the Niner I moved all my equipment from the Giant so the only variable was the frame (and a different diameter seat pillar). Eldron's findings:

Front end - almost identical - the Giant had pin point accuracy on the front wheel - same with the Niner.

Rear end - the Niner has a much beefier rear end and this is reflected in the (rider perceived) efficiency - I felt like more of my effort was going into propelling the bike forward. Initially it felt a bit harsher but I since then I've done some 5-7 hour rides without any discomfort.

Middle - much of a muchness between the two bikes.

Overall the difference is realtively small - my main motivation for the Niner was 1) I'm a complete Ninerd and 2) I prefer "boutique" brand to the "common" Giant brand.

That said I would choose the Niner frame as my race frame - it feels "faster" to me.

The cable routing on the Niner is a bit dumb though - the cables are toward the outside of the top tube which makes the routing clumsy (especially if you're running front brake right like me). I have also lost some skin when pedalling out of the saddle when the inside of my knee caught the cable guide.

Would I do it all over again if I knew all of that now? Hell yes - I love my Niner!

Iron - sweet Cannondale man! It feels super fast!

Anton - indeed - Niner have the geometry dialled.

MTB@cg - awesome machine sir!

I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you want "do it all" bike for XCO and XCM - a 29er hardtail is the right bike for you.

Hi MTB@cgcycling

SICK bike!!!!!

As I understood, the RDO was going to be a problem (price wise) and maybe NOT important.

I am glad to see that they sorted that out, ai I thing we would have been at a BIG loss!!!!

GREAT bike!

I love it

I am also a Ninerd. Agree with sentiments around the internal cabling being a bit of a shlep. Still, wouldn't get something else at the moment - love the bike :-)