2012 Ironman

GSNieP

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Natascha Badmann is a legend,6x Ironman Champ and 4 wins in PE.

http://images.scribblelive.com/2012/4/22/7b8da6b9-39b8-4f5f-a57a-bab823575352.jpg

Well that was brutal.

I've never been so slowly down a hill, peddalling really hard. It was even really difficult to go quickly with the wind behind you because of side gusts as the vegitation changed.

The swim was very choppy on the second lap, but manageable, although I must have drunk half the Indian Ocean.

The run was fine, just cold, but as I ran between buildings and the wind hit me, my legs would get tangled with each other as the leg in the air would hit the other leg.

All that training for a PB and I went 4 minutes slower :(

Well done mrmed !!

Conditions were brutal and although not a PB, you can be proud of your effort!!

Well that was brutal.

I've never been so slowly down a hill, peddalling really hard. It was even really difficult to go quickly with the wind behind you because of side gusts as the vegitation changed.

The swim was very choppy on the second lap, but manageable, although I must have drunk half the Indian Ocean.

The run was fine, just cold, but as I ran between buildings and the wind hit me, my legs would get tangled with each other as the leg in the air would hit the other leg.

Well Done :clap:

Give that man a Bells...

Well that was brutal.

Well done Mrmed - sorry you missed your PB but think of it as a long training day for your little race that starts on Friday :whistling:

Well done to anyone who competed yesterday to persist and finish in those conditions says alot about your character

I stood in the cold from 5 am yesterday morning till my last mate finished at about 10 last night and i am stuffed today

Was my 1st one and what an initiation into the world of triathlon!!!

Swim went ok but the 2nd lap was really rough, loads of people pulled from the sea...

Bike was really tough against a gale SW wind, was doing 7km/h up some of the hills. Left knee took serious strain.

Furthest I've run before this was one 40km. Left knee 'went' on first run lap and I dragged myself along the course. It was super cold and with the wind driving the rain along. Managed to cross the finishline in 15.50. Definately the medal I've worked the hardest for in my life!!!

Well done to each and everyone who finished!

Was my 1st one and what an initiation into the world of triathlon!!!

Swim went ok but the 2nd lap was really rough, loads of people pulled from the sea...

Bike was really tough against a gale SW wind, was doing 7km/h up some of the hills. Left knee took serious strain.

Furthest I've run before this was one 40km. Left knee 'went' on first run lap and I dragged myself along the course. It was super cold and with the wind driving the rain along. Managed to cross the finishline in 15.50. Definately the medal I've worked the hardest for in my life!!!

Well done to each and everyone who finished!

Must seriously suck to have to stop even before the end of the swim. Well done on finishing with a bad knee. At least now you know the next one's you do won't be as bad

Shame - I saw some poor lady get a plastic packet get caught up in her deraileur and spokes which ended up breaking the whole mechanism. It was her 2nd lap. She got repairs done by the Wayne Pfeiff guys (i think) and it looked like they shortened the chain and she carried on with one gear. I wish I took note of her number. Would love to know how she did.

Thanks!!!

My cousin manned one of the rescue boats. He reckons that about 100 people didn't finish the swim, some being pulled by the boats and others just walking out after the 1st lap. There were some people who missed the cut-off as well. I was amased at the number of bikes still in the racks after I passed transition during my first bike lap.

From what I could gather it was the slowest swim and bikes for the pro's on record.

The support along the route was amazing considering the weather.