POWER METERS: Crank, Hub or Pedal-based?

'Dale

there was. They have pulled it for now as they are trying to resolve some issues which I am lead to believe has been done. Now just for the local agents to get stock

Oraait.

I saw a Quarg on a MTB.

It was customized to fit the crank.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oraait.

I saw a Quarg on a MTB.

i have seen something similar done with the quarg Riken but you are then limited but what blade you use. Running 1x11 I would want a 32 in front to help with the hills but the smallest I can get is a 34 and even then it is a custom blade Edited by Ramrod

i have seen something similar done with the quarg Riken but you are then limited but what blade you use. Running 1x11 I would want a 32 in front to help with the hills but the smallest I can get is a 34 and even then it is a custom blade

Like this one am mate of mine is riding?

post-29797-0-28632500-1396855575_thumb.jpg

Like this one am mate of mine is riding?

post-29797-0-28632500-1396855575_thumb.jpg

correct. Would you mind passing your mates details onto me. I would like to chat to him about his setup. Edited by Ramrod

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm in the market for a power meter. I've made a spreadsheet of prices to give me a rough idea of how much each option will be.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

(I make no warranty of the accuracy.)

I think the Power2Max is going to be the best option for me.

Nice sheet. I would add support as another column. You can get some feedback on The Hub.

I will start. I own 2 Powertaps. The guys at Bicyclepower in Woodmead are amazing. They turn around stuff very quickly. On support they score a 10 in my book.

I had a Quarq previously. It had a few issues and it was always a issue to get it sorted. It always took weeks to get any parts and to get anything fixed. I will give them a 4.

+1 for the guys @ Bicyclepower.

Get the wheel built well and you'll have very little problems.

I'm in the market for a power meter. I've made a spreadsheet of prices to give me a rough idea of how much each option will be.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

(I make no warranty of the accuracy.)

I think the Power2Max is going to be the best option for me.

I'm yet to hear anything bad about p2M

I'm yet to hear anything bad about p2M

Lampre are riding with p2max to ensure there readings from Rotor are correct, says alot about p2max being use as the standard.

I see those Stages crank-arm strain gauge product is popular at Le Tour this year - elegant solution, from an engineering p.o.v.

Edited by kosmonooit

Nice sheet. I would add support as another column. You can get some feedback on The Hub.

I will start. I own 2 Powertaps. The guys at Bicyclepower in Woodmead are amazing. They turn around stuff very quickly. On support they score a 10 in my book.

I had a Quarq previously. It had a few issues and it was always a issue to get it sorted. It always took weeks to get any parts and to get anything fixed. I will give them a 4.

I also have 2 powertaps - a BIG +1 for the support from Bicyclepower and the quality of the kit - never had a tech problem with the kit that wasn't resolved the same day by BP in woodmead - and this is only one issue that was a config problem on my side... and some axle reconfiguration issues - again top notch service. Kudos to Dave and the team at Bicycepower - keep up the good work.....

one consideration is weight.

the hub based meters work very well, but i find the wheel weighs a frigging tonne.

However, this might not be a problem for you

Oraait.

I saw a Quarg on a MTB.

I've got a Quarq cinco on my mtb (2 x 10)

one consideration is weight.

the hub based meters work very well, but i find the wheel weighs a frigging tonne.

However, this might not be a problem for you

cough cough, um maybe go look at our 46mm full carbon clincher wheel set, RRP only R20 995 weight 1590g thats 30g lighter than a set of Zipp 303 with a PT in it.......

the PT G3 is South Africa's lightest Power Meter...... net weight gain is less than 80g