Water bottles.....urghhhh

capeofstorms

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's more unhealthy is the mud and slime and stories that you ride through around here that gets sprayed up onto your bottle , and you sluk that. Dodgy.

I swear this is why I was just sick for the last week.

It's meant to be an arb post, but seriously if you riding a R50K + bike you don't wan't your water bottels looking like crap :)

...and no I ride a western flyer

What's more unhealthy is the mud and slime and stories that you ride through around here that gets sprayed up onto your bottle , and you sluk that. Dodgy.

Westmead in the valley before Giba one Sunday afternoon dodging motorbikes (Before Giba had openned) is the reason I bought a Camelbak. I sh@t through the eye of a needle at 10 paces for at least two days after drinking from a bottle that I had wiped clean on my shirt. No, I don't want to know what was on the bottle. I use the bottle on my MTB to cool my head.

Edited by Grebel

As far as I can remember, my bottles have a 3 or 4 underneath them....... I am more concerned as to why you are on a woman's cycling website..... :eek: :clap:

Edit: typo

Jaa rwell it goes like this....Boys ♥ Girls

As far as I can remember, my bottles have a 3 or 4 underneath them.......

Edit: typo

die hub waterbottles het niks nommers onderan :lol:

you must be rough on your bottles (or your cage is). I've got bottles in my cupboard that I've had for 8 years that still dont look that bad. And these are the free ones you get in the goodie bags, so I doubt they are quality stuff.

jy is seker n roady :whistling: mud gets on your bottle and ..its like sandpaper..

Those bottles with magnet holder won't scratch if you are really serious about it. I've seen some guys at Oakvalley 24h with them and they held up even on the mtb

I think my 9yr old bottles have long ago leached out all their gif, so I'm probably OK?

Yep, I am sure your bottles are all ok.

You, on the other hand, might no be.

Hi,

This may seem trivial, but the screen printing on most of the water bottles that I have used, seems to peel off in the first couple of uses.

Within the first 2 weeks, it looks like it has been through

the wars.

Have you used any where the printing STAYS ON for longer :)

Who cares about water bottles? We get so many of them in goody bags that we chuck them after every 3rd or 4th race....or if its empty and the wind is strong during the race...

Edited by janneman72