Rugby...

'Dale

It was lekker To be at Ellis Park again yesterday. The boxing on the field amongst the spectators afterwards was entertaining too. Brandewyn het nie brieke nie...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was lekker To be at Ellis Park again yesterday. The boxing on the field amongst the spectators afterwards was entertaining too. Brandewyn het nie brieke nie...

I know it's a big stadium, but how can it be so empty for a home semi?

Where were all the people that went to the england test, not lions fans?

Is there really so many other things to do in jozi on a saturday?

Stadium was a lot more full for the previous 2 semis we had at home. Sad. Good vibe though, unfortunately left before the activities on the field after the game.

Just a big cost to go visit NZ to watch the final. Mates with SA passports have to wait 3 weeks for a visa. Thats also assuming you can get a ticket in their little stadium. sales start 12 pm tomorrow NZ time. Think i will watch at home.

I took the family with to Ellis Park on Saturday, with it being the first time for my girls... they loved it. They’ve asked a few times when we will go again... no pressure (for me).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crusaders are an amazing side

No one even notices how the ref just hands them the points these days anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday was a decent win with a decent performance from the Boks. The best I've seen them be for a while. Still a lot required before we can think to say there's a genuine revival happening. Line outs need to be better our passing as well and with less errors. Line speed in defense was ok as well but I felt that our first time tackles weren't what they could've been. And then there's the not so small fact that Pollard left his kicking boots at home. A full 15 points went a begging from the kicking tee. However fairly satisfied that this team would be ready and able to be far more competitive in Australisia this year and hopefully home wins against the Aussies and AB's, although the latter is far more improbable than probable.

The first half wasn’t great, compared to the second half. Also, not sure why Pollard was standing still when receiving the ball... often. He seemed to have left his whole game at home.

The Boks still go to ground too easily and too quickly (before support arrives), allowing the opposition a chance for a turnover. Pocock and Cooper (Aus) and a host of ABs will have a field day.

The ABs though took 39 mins to get onto the scoreboard yesterday, so they too had a better second half.

Decent overall performance. Still a lot of areas to improve on, lineouts and handling errors being the biggest concern.

agreed on Pollard having a poor overall game, he seemed totally outv it.

Check the try we conceded after turnover from Kolisi break along the wing, pollard was observing the action when he should've been either running in support of Kolisi or making sure we secure the ball.

Still a big fan tho and he will improve from this!

Willie in combination with the back 3 had a solid game.

At least Pollard’s bad game is out of the way now, I hope. Line outs an issue, unsure how well Marx knows Eben, personally I like Mostert but I’m an arm chair beer swilling critic.

At least Pollard’s bad game is out of the way now, I hope. Line outs an issue, unsure how well Marx knows Eben, personally I like Mostert but I’m an arm chair beer swilling critic.

I think people are a bit hard on Pollard. His kicks to poles were almost all from the corners. Something I thought he did really was line kicks from penalties. He was spot on. Williams line penalty kicks were at least 10 -20m shorter.

Line outs are a shambles, not sure Marx can find his targets and then just about every time they try the driving maul....so predictable. At least the boks did a few less driving mauls compared to the lions in Christchurch a few weeks ago.

Matfield must have wrinkles after all the cringing watching this game.

At least the got they bonus point to keep up with the AB  :thumbup:

Edited by SwissVan

Liker it or lump it, until we beat NZ in NZ something that was considered 50/50 at one time but last achieved as far back as 2009 (we have come closeish since but no cigar) we will always be '"also rans". 

Liker it or lump it, until we beat NZ in NZ something that was considered 50/50 at one time but last achieved as far back as 2009 (we have come closeish since but no cigar) we will always be '"also rans".

I 100% agree. Although I am definitely looking at this season through the lense of what has happened in the previous two, the Boks are showing signs of a revival. The road awaits. Victories in Argentina and Australia will go a long way to help the national cause and help the psyche of our main internationals for next year's Super Rugby tournament. I am far from expecting the Boks to beat the AB'S in NZ but I reckon if we can get those away victories I have mentioned earlier and they play well in NZ perhaps just perhaps the Boks will have sufficient cause to believe a home win against them is possible. Let's get the AB'S worried that a win against the Boks here is not a given will be the way to getting away victories against them.