Rugby...

'Dale

Mode Note:

This thread is to discuss rugby in general, across all the competitions.

However, given the world cup, please can we keep things simple and discuss all world cup rugby related matters on the world cup thread, which can be found here:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/183237-rugby-world-cup-2019/

User note: just talk rugby here.

During the world cup, the only rugby we talk about is... World cup.

There really is no need to confuse things with two threads.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, only thing they can look forward to is to improve. more tackles missed than NZ, less defenders beaten than NZ, less ball carries than NZ, less passes than NZ, less off loads than NZ, less clean breaks than NZ and more than double the penalties than NZ. Even with more ball possession and territory we still lost. But lets blame the ref.

Even Kieran Reid complained about the ref!

In general the best refs in the world still fall short far too often. I put that fundamentally down to the laws being too obtuse. There is so much interpretation that too much goes unpoliced and you end up with a free for all at every game where anyone can point out mistakes on either side. I think you can take scrum penalties from this game as an example. It's a shirtshow.

On a funny note, check this one out from about 2:30, the AB second try. Mr bean gives offsides advantage call about 5 metres inside the AB half. Then calls "advantage over" when Scott Barrett is about to swan dive for the five pointer. If he spilled that final pass would he have marched them back?

https://youtu.be/54Elj6GbDbQ

User note: just talk rugby here.

During the world cup, the only rugby we talk about is... World cup.

There really is no need to confuse things with two threads.

Feisty ????

True.

*ref still pulls out yellow card for backchatting*

Edited by 'Dale

If the blossoms can keep their cool and take out Scotland.. Then all blanks get Ireland in quarters.

Steve Hansen must be happy right now

If the blossoms can keep their cool and take out Scotland.. Then all blanks get Ireland in quarters.

Steve Hansen must be happy right now

But then boks get Japan... Don't smaak that kinda exit ????

But then boks get Japan... Don't smaak that kinda exit ????

I'll take Japan over Ireland in the quarters any day of the week! Although Ireland without jonjon sexbomb are not the same team are they.

We played them two weeks ago on the warm ups. The ghosts of Brighton were buried.

And most of these guys play for the sunwolves, really should not be anything to worry about.

I'll take Japan over Ireland in the quarters any day of the week! Although Ireland without jonjon sexbomb are not the same team are they.

We played them two weeks ago on the warm ups. The ghosts of Brighton were buried.

And most of these guys play for the sunwolves, really should not be anything to worry about.

Should've added my sarcasm font...

I actually think the Scots are gona run the japs flat and the group may come down to bonus points.

Obviously anyone other than Ireland would be preferred for the boks.

that was quite a game, great 2nd half comeback but was not enough.

The standin flyhalf did really well for wales

the loser of this game likely gets the england quarter final.

I couldn't watch the match, but i read that Poite had a shocker again.  

not that i noticed...were you reading the sydney morning herald?

Conspiracy time! Would the AllBlacks ever throw a game...to italy?

Assumptions - Jap beat Scotland*. SA beat Italy/Canada, Nz beat Nam/Canada. Depending on the result of SAvItaly and other bonus points, NZ could be incentivised to throw their final game vs italy. Result would be,

a)they go to the "easy side" of the knockout draw, get Jap 1/4, wales/france 1/2 and avoid England, Ireland, Australia till final.

b)Italy would top the group and SA would end up being knocked out.

That is win win for them. It would be a good move in the scheme of winning the tournament, but obviously controversial. There is precedent, the 1982 football world cup. This is why the final pool games are always played concurrently. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n….

*this game is played after their italy game, so is the only risk.

Edited by Shebeen

Conspiracy time! Would the AllBlacks ever throw a game...to italy?

Assumptions - Jap beat Scotland*. SA beat Italy/Canada, Nz beat Nam/Canada. Depending on the result of SAvItaly and other bonus points, NZ could be incentivised to throw their final game vs italy. Result would be,

a)they go to the "easy side" of the knockout draw, get Jap 1/4, wales/france 1/2 and avoid England, Ireland, Australia till final.

b)Italy would top the group and SA would end up being knocked out.

That is win win for them. It would be a good move in the scheme of winning the tournament, but obviously controversial. There is precedent, the 1982 football world cup. This is why the final pool games are always played concurrently. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgrace_of_Gij%C3%B3n….

*this game is played after their italy game, so is the only risk.

SA beat Italy by less than 7 and don't get a BP.

After 3 games each:

• Italy on 11
  • SA on 9

NZ beat Canada - should be a 5 pointer, putting them on 10, after 2 games.

NZ beat Namibia - should be another 5 pointer putting them on 15 after 3 games.

SA beat Canada by less than 7 and don't get a BP, putting them on 13 after 4 games.

A draw for Italy would see them eliminated, as they would have lost to SA.

A win for Italy would put them on 15 and eliminate SA, unless SA get BP wins against Canada and Italy and deny Italy a BP.

I don't think it will happen. The ABs will NEVER want to lose to a minnow, ever.

https://rugby365.com/tournaments/world-cup/news-world-cup/etzebeth-must-return-home-now

HRC want Etzebeth to return home.

I'm calling bs on this one, for one very obvious reason.

The incident involves a whole group of people, but they are targeting just one person - the famous one so alternative agendas can be followed.

nsfw videoclip from the event that doesn't tell much..can indeed hear the "jou ma se ****", but it doesn't have a brackenfell accent.