Rugby...

'Dale

What......

Are they playing Rugby, A CONTACT SPORT AFTER ALL, or Soccer!?

Agree, it was dangerous, but there was no malice in his actions, you can see he was watching the ball, and realised too late that Havili was in the air, and by then it was too late to pull out.

Surely this must / should be taken into account when making the decision, as this effectively killed the Lions chances of a win. Although they tried their best, outscored the 'Saders in the 2nd half, with only 14 guys on the field. Imagine if their was 15 roaring Lions on the pitch.....

Unfortunately one has to draw the line somewhere.It was his own fault if he was ball watching and could not pull out.Unfortunate but thats the way the cookie crumbles

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too upset about the lions loss. Was a red card everyday of the week.

What is bothering me is the mediocre team picked to represent SA in the Championship. How the hell does a coach pick Gelant over Combrink and DDA over Voster/Janse van Rensburg?

Why is Loinel Cronje not there but you have an injured flyhalf, so you can "monitor his progress"? They can monitor is progress without making him part of the training group.

Edited by l4y3rcake

The way they apply the rule is more reason not to kick the ball unless you intend to kick it out.

You just cannot contest the high ball without risking being sent off.

I'm not too upset about the lions loss. Was a red card everyday of the week.

What is bothering me is the mediocre team picked to represent SA in the Championship. How the hell does a coach pick Gelant over Combrink and DDA over Voster/Janse van Rensburg?

Why is Loinel Cronje not there but you have an injured flyhalf, so you can "monitor his progress"? They can monitor is progress without making him part of the training group.

Combrink seems back to his best, surely he shouldve been in the mix?

Pollard the new pat lambie...showed some promise as a junior, gets bok call up for life. :whistling:

The way they apply the rule is more reason not to kick the ball unless you intend to kick it out.

Kwagga didnt contest for the ball though. 

Pity about the red card but at the end of the day cowboys dont cry.

Lions had so many good attacking chances in the 2nd half but lost so many balls in the lineouts.

Also no idea why we didnt go for the 3 points when it was on offer, its a FINAL after all!!

Still a great season for the Lions

I dunno, I don't watch enough (super)rugby these days anymore, but being zero tolerance doesn't seem to have stopped any flyhalves kicking numerous highballs.

What grates me is that the infringement is pinged on the outcome - the oke is played in the air - automatic yellow. The oke is played in the air and almost falls on his head - automatic red card.

They have created the incentive to try and land on your head. Crazy talk? Maybe, but why does it happen so often and the guy lies down for a few minutes but then dusts himself. I'm not saying the 'Sader's fullback did that (and he did actually contact one of his own players on the way down too). BUT, it feels like I've seen this movie before - just this one was in a final so gets all the tv time.

for instance, let's go to AFL. where the game is basically about 90% catching high balls under contact and 10% doing this in hotpants 2 sizes too small for comfort. They also have pretty serious concussion issues without really worrying about it, but here's a random clip of Marks and count how many times dudes land or almost land on their heads? (I count one that comes close)

If left unchecked, we're going to see this sort of thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqYsRxn5AHc

and nobody wants that.

Kwagga didnt contest for the ball though.

Pity about the red card but at the end of the day cowboys dont cry.

Lions had so many good attacking chances in the 2nd half but lost so many balls in the lineouts.

Also no idea why we didnt go for the 3 points when it was on offer, its a FINAL after all!!

Still a great season for the Lions

Lineouts were steaming piles of pony poop!

So what's the view on Victor Matfield taking on the role of forwards coach at the Lions.

I think its great.

Strong leader and a very clever player.

As we also saw in the finals, we could do with a bit of help in the lineouts.

Will definitely boost the Lions even further.

I think its great.

Strong leader and a very clever player.

As we also saw in the finals, we could do with a bit of help in the lineouts.

Will definitely boost the Lions even further.

Mixed emotions from the masses. I think it will be fine as long as they are not forced to revert back to old style rugby. Win or lose, I'm a lion and will continue to wear my SAA sponsored lions shirt. Wish I had a Xerox shirt still! Edited by 123goat

Mixed emotions from the masses. I think it will be fine as long as they are not forced to revert back to old style rugby. Win or lose, I'm a lion and will continue to wear my SAA sponsored lions shirt. Wish I had a Xerox shirt still!

Also still have that SAA shirt, remember how I bought it when the Lions won something like 5 games  in a row at the start of the season including beating the Crusaders(those were the years the Lions couldn't buy 2 wins in a season even if they bribed the ref). After I bought the shirt the Lions promptly lost every other game for the rest of the season - so now I don't buy Lions jerseys anymore....

I still have an old Transvaal jersey but it feels a bit AWB to wear it, so as soon as I have a Bar at home I'll get it framed. I now have all 2012-2017 jerseys. So that would be 4 jerseys cause we didn't have one in "that year"

Also still have that SAA shirt, remember how I bought it when the Lions won something like 5 games in a row at the start of the season including beating the Crusaders(those were the years the Lions couldn't buy 2 wins in a season even if they bribed the ref). After I bought the shirt the Lions promptly lost every other game for the rest of the season - so now I don't buy Lions jerseys anymore....

No man. You must support your team through thick and thin. That's what a supporter is. Don't be a fan. Be lekker!

No man. You must support your team through thick and thin. That's what a supporter is. Don't be a fan. Be lekker!

Doesn't mean I stopped supporting them, just don't want to jinx them again by buying a jersey!