Rugby...

'Dale

Againt Piss Poor opposition.. The real test will be against the All Black..

True, the Argies were poor but still you could see a definite difference between Fourie and Pienaar.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True, the Argies were poor but still you could see a definite difference between Fourie and Pienaar.

Couldn't agree more

Remember, anyone will look good behind a pack that is going forward.. Lets see how he looks when they are going backwards..

And the Boks defence werent really tested today..

well directly..

habana, zip. family had cash and went to good school

gurthro, zip. went to paarl boys

beast, went to school in zim, sharks academy got him young

basson, came through the ranks at griquas, so possible

kolisi, pretty sure he's the model they want to encourage.

Habana KES, Basson went to Dale College in the ECape , Kolisi Grey PE

Edited by JGR

i love the way Nick mallet does not mince his words...be basically said that pienaar is useless and du preez should be there from the beginning

Fourie du Preez was sublime off the bench, even against the poor competition, he made Ruan look pedestrian in comparrison, pity he will not travel to Aus and NZ.

Fourie du Preez was sublime off the bench, even against the poor competition, he made Ruan look pedestrian in comparrison, pity he will not travel to Aus and NZ.

Wonder why? Anybody want to hazard a guess, or know the real reason.

... with Piet van Zyl coming into the squad? Sarel Pretorius has been the in form Free State scrummie since June, and deserves to be in the squad on form. I know it will never happen. I have always been a fan of Piet van Zyl, but he was (again) below par when he came on for the Cheetahs against Province, and I will even go so far as to say that he cost Free State the game (with his poor pass in the 79th minute that resulted in a knock-on). He was a different scrumhalf when he still had Goosen next to him earlier in the season.

Wonder why? Anybody want to hazard a guess, or know the real reason.

His club only released him for a certain number of games

That's my trouble with the selection of du Preez.

He is not a sustainable option and is in the way of blooding new talent.

When it's time to retire, it's time to stay away.

His club only released him for a certain number of games

But he has played only one game so far (the only one played to date). Seems a bit silly to me, if that's the case.

Damn....we were there on Saturday. What an awesome game by the bokke. They can still improve a lot. Fourie du Preez made a huge difference, and the crowd loved him. A bit off topic, but man oh man, it was one of the best sports days for me ever. The vibe in that stadium was amazing

post-15052-0-98733200-1376894800_thumb.jpg

Wonder what went wrong with "the weakest Kiwi team in decades"? They gave the mighty Wallaby a good snot klap on Saturday.

YOU CAN'T BUY EXPERIENCE AND TEAM COHESION!!!!

But he has played only one game so far (the only one played to date). Seems a bit silly to me, if that's the case.

On Reunion they said he was only released for games in RSA, no travel games ... But agree it is a bit weird !

Argentina is a team that runs hot and cold, much like the Springboks. They will be a different team in Mendoza. Their much acclaimed scrum was put under pressure by a Bok unit many thought would struggle with the new laws. Many players with question marks over their selection have answered some of the critics questions, but one swallow does not make a summer. The objective for next weekend would have to be to take the points when we can and first secure a win before getting ahead of ourselves and go for bonus points early on. Fortunately Jean de Villiers seems to be much more intelligent than other SA captains in Super Rugby and he seems to know when to take the 3 points when it is on offer. We also have a fullback that is not letting the ball bounce which is encouraging. Lets hope that the Wallies can upset the All Blacks (doubt it).