Rugby...

'Dale

I ask the question: What does Kobus Reinach have to do to at least work with the national squad? Join the Blue Bulls?

The mind boggles ...... head and shoulders best scrummie playing in SA

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask the question: What does Kobus Reinach have to do to at least work with the national squad? Join the Blue Bulls?

he must ask victor matfield!

not working for francois hougaard apparently. Isn't charl mcleod getting quite a lot of gametime at the sharks too?

not working for francois hougaard apparently. Isn't charl mcleod getting quite a lot of gametime at the sharks too?

Reinach has been the starter and McLeod played when he was injured. McLeod also a fait bit older so think he should be developed

It awesome <_<

At Scrummy we have a choice of Fourie "over the hill" Du Preez or Frans "I can't boxkick" Hougaard

At Flyhalf we have to choose between Johan "made of glass" Goosen and Marnitz "the virgin" Boshoff.

They are all great player by their own right but just not for test rugby and doesn't boad well for any ceativity in the backline.

In the selectors defense we dont have much depth at 9/10 in RSA at the moment.

Scrummy:

• Kobus Reinach is ok but does not play well under pressure of a pack going backwards, you just need to look at the game between sharks and Sacarens. He had a shocker.
  • Faff de Klerk is still very green.
  • Sarel pretorious ..............
  • Ruan Pinaar must stay at home.

Unfortunately the best South African scrummy at the moment will be playing against us in the World XV. (Kockett)

Flyhalf:

• Grant and Katrikilis are both consistent kicker but lack anything in attacking decision making.
  • Steyn is a very average super rugby 10 definitely not a test option.
  • Elton Jantjies is a hazard.
  • JL Potie is consistent and can attack the line but his passing game could use some work (was surprised to not see him there)
  • Pollard has to still get his parent to drive him to games.

Just my thoughts.

Looks like it is definitely going to be 10 man rugby for the next while. the one advantage to having Goosen at 10 is that he lets Le roux jump in a first receiver every now and then. As he is without a doubt our best attacking player.(2014 super rugby stats across all teams: #1 running meters, #9 clean breaks, #3 carries, #6 offloads, #2 try setups) ther emight be some hope for our outside backs.

And then, IF the ball gets to the centers we have Damian 'Sidestep Over You' De Allende.

sharks once again showing the rest of the SA teams how to win on tour :thumbup:

How the hell is Reinach not in the training camp?

How the hell is Reinach not in the training camp?

yip and not even in there to hold fourie du preez's zimmer frame either

Joost van der Westhuizen

I read this article - see link - and cannot believe how the motor neuron disease (MND) has 'crippled him.'

http://www.sport24.c...k-bath-20140523

Wishing him all the best with whatever 'quality of life' he has left remaining.

Edited by Coolcat

I'm sitting in a bar in the South of France watching the cup final between Toulon and Saracens. These Frenchies are so Rugby bef@k they make Kings Park on a Saturday look like a 1 Direction concert !

With Bakkies, Danie Rossouw, Craig Burdon and Juan Smith dominating upfront for Toulon, Bryan Habana being unflinching and punishing Sarries every time they put a high ball onto him, and my SA heritage known, I have not had to but a drink all day. 10-3 at halftime and if it carries on like this I will have a huge na-dors tomorrow.

I also know that this is sacriledge, but watching Schalk Britz play, I am not sure Bismark is the no1 SA hooker at the moment.

Edited by eddy