Rugby...

'Dale

I'm surprised about Steyn rather than Goosen.

Suggests to me that AC is not entirely comfortable with Jantjies.  

I'm not convinced about Pollard for 2019.  

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised about Steyn rather than Goosen.

Suggests to me that AC is not entirely comfortable with Jantjies.

I'm not convinced about Pollard for 2019.

As far as I know Goosen has been playing at fullback primarily for Racing 92, he might've been a good call had it been Willie that got injured and not Lambie.

Not sure if AC isn't perhaps being influenced a tad by events that transpired when EJ was on loan to the Stormers. I would sincerely hope not as there was the rather large external factor of his father's death that he had to work through.

Pollard is a very talented player but not entirely the finished article just yet. How he performs next year will be interesting to see given his serious injury at the start of this year.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

It's hard to figure out what goes on in a cosch's head as well as club politics and overseas players' motivation.

It'll be a solid test in team confidence and execution in game plan tomorrow.

Hope it goes well.

GO BOKKIES

It's hard to figure out what goes on in a cosch's head as well as club politics and National Politics and overseas players' motivation.

Hope it goes well.

GO BOKKIES

Fixed..

what time is the game tomorrow?

just want to know what time to plan my ride for.... :whistling:

So, here we go again with the same team expecting different results. The difference between us and AB's? The AB's left out Julian Savea because he's not on form. Can you imagine that? Most other international teams would give their left nut to have a player like him. But their coach is sending out a strong message, if you don't perform you're out. Us? We hang onto players who are out of form and out of shape because they have EXPERIENCE. 

Yip, there's been a lot of talk about AC not rating Jantjies. Blaming him and Faf for last weekends result was also a low blow from the coach. Why doesn't he blame his captain or the rest of his WP pack for doing absolutely nothing?

Most important question of all: WHERE IS JACO KRIEL???????

So, here we go again with the same team expecting different results. The difference between us and AB's? The AB's left out Julian Savea because he's not on form. Can you imagine that? Most other international teams would give their left nut to have a player like him. But their coach is sending out a strong message, if you don't perform you're out. Us? We hang onto players who are out of form and out of shape because they have EXPERIENCE. 

Yip, there's been a lot of talk about AC not rating Jantjies. Blaming him and Faf for last weekends result was also a low blow from the coach. Why doesn't he blame his captain or the rest of his WP pack for doing absolutely nothing?

Johannesburg :w00t:

Agree - if you not in form drop them - eish, in that case ,we might not have enough players

Same formula worked very well for the Lions, when Faf had a bad game he came off and Cronje went on. 

Still no Jaco Kriel in the mix, boggles the mind.

Alistair is not a very good attacking coach. Elton is an attacking player and plays on the advantage line. Obviously the coach doesnt like that and picking a player like Morne Steyn confirms that.

I am sure Mzwandile Stick will bring some of that attacking flair that the Kings are known for to the Bokke tomorrow  :w00t:

Hoping for a win by the Bokke but my Superbru pick was Ireland by 6

Edited by Escapee..

I could have told you that Tootie is a coach that would rather favour the defensive gameplan, than the attacking one, even though he says he would rather be attacking. You just have to look at his history at the Stormers/WP.

Don't expect any fireworks this weekend.  Let's just hope the Irish run out of breath in the thin Highveld winter atmosphere.  The Irish will now believe that they can beat us soundly with 15 men. Don't be surprised if the Irish go on full-out attack.

Edited by Moridin

I hope the Irish win this weekend. They deserve it.. :thumbup:  :clap:

Just think what the newspaper headlines will be the next day..... :whistling:

Another problem that stood out last week, is Mvovo running and slowing down as he cuts inside.

As for the other wing, the less said, the better #overrated.

I suppose we shouldn't mention a certain Full(fool)back? :whistling:

Another problem that stood out last week, is Mvovo running and slowing down as he cuts inside.

As for the other wing, the less said, the better #overrated.

As far as I know Goosen has been playing at fullback primarily for Racing 92, he might've been a good call had it been Willie that got injured and not Lambie.

Not sure if AC isn't perhaps being influenced a tad by events that transpired when EJ was on loan to the Stormers. I would sincerely hope not as there was the rather large external factor of his father's death that he had to work through.

Pollard is a very talented player but not entirely the finished article just yet. How he performs next year will be interesting to see given his serious injury at the start of this year.

He's been playing 15 and 13. Does all the long range kicks instead of Carter.

Goosen in French semi's on SS8 tonight 21h00.

I'll be watching him - not that it matters.

What a classic game of rugby!

One of the most entertaining games in years and of the highest standard.

Racing beating Clermont 34 - 33 in the second last minute of 20 minutes extra time with a Dan Carter conversion. 

It's hard to figure out what goes on in a cosch's head as well as club politics and overseas players' motivation.

Hope it goes well.

GO BOKKIES

Guess BOKKIES is the appropriate word. Used to be BOKKE.

We'll likely pull it through in my opinion.