Rugby...

'Dale

We need to control the wings rushing off the line...

ABs are gonna be prepared and exploit this big time next week.

Also how many knock-ons from willie so far in the past few games ????

Dyanti is looking beastly the Ioane of last year, new come of the year for sure

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The all blacks would never ever send out a B team against the springboks at loftus. Never

Agree - out of respect for the Springboks (legacy, albeit historical) they will want to:

1. Avenge the defeat from last time, or;

2. Score a record number of points.

A win over the Wallabies is always lekka.

The 14 man defensive effort against a surging (and desperate after last week's humiliation against Los Pumas) Aussie outfit was just magnificent.

Bok forwards were gritty and what an example of athleticism by 'Steph du Toit.

Aphiwe was 'too small' for the first team at school. Played soccer for UJ. And now he looks like one of the best prospects at wing in a long time.

Concerns:

Set pieces need greater control.

Leaking 'soft' tries.

More astute attacking play in the backline.

A win over the Wallabies is always lekka.

The 14 man defensive effort against a surging (and desperate after last week's humiliation against Los Pumas) Aussie outfit was just magnificent.

Bok forwards were gritty and what an example of athleticism by 'Steph du Toit.

Aphiwe was 'too small' for the first team at school. Played soccer for UJ. And now he looks like one of the best prospects at wing in a long time.

Concerns:

Set pieces need greater control.

Leaking 'soft' tries.

More astute attacking play in the backline.

Kicking away possession

Trying to intercept opposition passes with less than 5 minutes to play (Aphiwe) 

Had to add the last two ;)

The worst part is, they couldn't put away probably the worst Wallaby team in History.

Only 3 points in the whole 2nd Half.

Had to add the last two ;)

Must agree with you on this. Faf has a very poor box kick and the follow up chase wasn't great either. I'd prefer pollard taking on the clearing kicks.

I have a massive problem with the rush defence where the wing goes for the intercept or to shut the ball off. This is high risk and I fear the ABs will be exposing this big time on Saturday.

So you enjoyed this game?

It's was a good game until 20mins in first half. Then it was like grikwas en ep kings

I enjoyed Pollard having a go at the line.

I enjoyed the defensive effort with 14 men.

I enjoyed the fact that whatever our defensive structure was it kept Falao very quiet.

I enjoyed the fact that we took the points when they were on offer and krept a 2 point advantage to 11 points in a test match, thus securing the result.

I didn't enjoy the basic errors.

I didn't enjoy the poor kicks and the poor chasing thereof.

I didn't enjoy David flippen Pocock stealing balls legally and illegally.

Even if I had enjoyed nothing in this game, I would still be able to get myself excited for next week. The All Black's bring out the best in the Boks.

Edited by Rookie85

2 tries from the NZ game and 1 from the AUS game were a direct result of Faf giving possession away. I really dont know why everyone loves him so much.

2 tries from the NZ game and 1 from the AUS game were a direct result of Faf giving possession away. I really dont know why everyone loves him so much.

I can't remember in which ways gave away the ball in the instances you are referring to, but I will assume it has to do with his "Box kicks"

The question being asked by a bunch of people is whether this is Faf doing his own thing or whether that is the way the "brains trust" (Coach, tacticians, captain, senior players) have structured their game plan. 

If he is just executing the plan, then all criticism you can level against him specifically is the actual execution of the box kicks. Criticism against the plan should go to the guys making those tactical decisions and in the end, Rassie.

I think our defense is solid and we are building our game around that. Gonna be interesting to see how the All Blacks will attack our defensive line and whether we will stick with the rush defense.

It was a scrappy game, but it's positive that we managed to win it despite that. 

Our tactical kicking in the last years have really gone backward. I believe we need to look at somebody in Aussie rules to do that portion of our coaching. 

I can't remember in which ways gave away the ball in the instances you are referring to, but I will assume it has to do with his "Box kicks"

The question being asked by a bunch of people is whether this is Faf doing his own thing or whether that is the way the "brains trust" (Coach, tacticians, captain, senior players) have structured their game plan. 

If he is just executing the plan, then all criticism you can level against him specifically is the actual execution of the box kicks. Criticism against the plan should go to the guys making those tactical decisions and in the end, Rassie.

I think our defense is solid and we are building our game around that. Gonna be interesting to see how the All Blacks will attack our defensive line and whether we will stick with the rush defense.

exactly. boxkick, they get theball, run, score try.

You have a point. if he is being instructed to do it then we cant blame him. But it needs to stop.

i just think he is a *** kicker of the ball 

i just think he is a *** kicker of the ball 

What irritates me most is how badly it is telegraphed, the opposition back 3 can get into position for the counter. 

The box kick that Joost and Fourie du Preez executed back in the day came out of nowhere and the winger(including Habana) instincticely knew he should be in position to chase it.

That said, I do love the service Faf gives and his sniping runs, best scrummie in that element of the game for the Boks since Fourie, imho.

You know exactly when he is going to box kick. He plants his left leg out so far, it looks like he is doing the splits. Opposition can see the kick is going to happen, even before he picks up the ball from the base of the scrum.