Rugby...

'Dale

rugby still helluva popular.. Unlike Aus.... But That's what the all Ireland hurling final looks like at croke park55c0bf9f5ab3b358fa8f06fe0275923a.jpg

Had a few what felt like all South Africa hurling finals after a varsity party or 2 back in the day . Never had a crowd like that though . Sometimes just my mom with a cross face .

And certainly never a marching band

Edited by Benjamin

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think most Aussies care how much their Rugby Union team suck. It's only 11th on the list of most popular sports in Aus (Last I checked).

on the up side. we beat them at their number 1 sport this weekend :)

on the up side. we beat them at their number 1 sport this weekend :)

Beating Australia at cricket in Australia and winning the series :)

NZ rugby being the benefactor of the offsides rule actually being used. That is funny.

Seems like there is lots of law discussion these days, which I suppose is a good thing with RWC coming up next year. What seems odd to me is that the rules are so loose that plenty of infringements go unpunished, yet we end up looking at a few turning points with a microscope.

and some just go by.

like the brilliant tackle on Kolbe in 68th minute.

it's above the shoulder, round the neck, stopped a certain try.

According to the rules it wasn't a brilliant tackle:

A player must not tackle an opponent early, late or dangerously. Dangerous tackling includes, but is not limited to, tackling or attempting to tackle an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders.

Rule 8.3

A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts if foul play by the opposing team prevents a probable try from being scored, or scored in a more advantageous position. A player guilty of this must be cautioned and temporarily suspended or sent off. No conversion is attempted.

The "world's best referee", and the TMO decided that it was a knock on.

https://image.iol.co.za/image/1/process/620x349?source=https://inm-baobab-prod-eu-west-1.s3.amazonaws.com/public/inm/media/image/iol/2018/11/11/17853121/Kolbe.jpg&operation=CROP&offset=0x197&resize=4134x2321

Some of them are just really silly:

ie. late tackle. Every indiscretion has a penalty from where the offence took place. What difference does it make where the ball lands if it's a late tackle?

late-charging-kicker.jpg

and throwing the ball in straight in the scrum...ha ha

1. When both sides are square, stable and stationary, the scrum-half throws in the ball:
    1. From the chosen side.
    2. From outside the tunnel.
    3. Without delay.
    4. With a single forward movement.
    5. At a quick speed.
    6. Straight. The scrum-half may align their shoulder on the middle line of the scrum, thereby standing a shoulder-width closer to their side of the scrum.
    7. So that it first touches the ground inside the tunnel.
Edited by Evans_Cuddles

I think I have seen a scrummie blown up only once ever for not putting the ball in straight. Faf is ridiculous he basically puts it in and then takes it out in one movement.

I was critical of Marx due to he's performance against England, the amount of times he too threw the ball not straight in the lineout was sad, not to mention in the all Blacks game as well the amount of times the ball was thrown in skew was unbelievable.

I think lineout and scrum throw ins are no more being looked at because of all the other laws around line and scrum time.

If anyone is good at video editing I'd been keem to see all the line outs in both games

Had a few what felt like all South Africa hurling finals after a varsity party or 2 back in the day . Never had a crowd like that though . Sometimes just my mom with a cross face .

And certainly never a marching band

Sharp. :D  :D  :D

I think tank has been reading this thread

https://www.alloutrugby.com/making-mockery-game/

I remember from before 2000 how the scrums were an actual contest and you could get a tighthead once or twice a match. Nowadays it is unheard of.

And that put-in is insane from Faf! But as Tank says in his post, Richie McCaw tought us that we need to push the envelope of the law until the ref blows you up for it.

The first 20min in a match is highly focused on figuring out where the boundaries of the laws are for the referee and seeing what structures the opposition plays. The real rugby starts in the 2nd half after the brains trust make strategic changes

I remember from before 2000 how the scrums were an actual contest and you could get a tighthead once or twice a match. Nowadays it is unheard of.

And that put-in is insane from Faf! But as Tank says in his post, Richie McCaw tought us that we need to push the envelope of the law until the ref blows you up for it.

The first 20min in a match is highly focused on figuring out where the boundaries of the laws are for the referee and seeing what structures the opposition plays. The real rugby starts in the 2nd half after the brains trust make strategic changes

which is essentially what I was saying earlier - the rules are far too subjective.

It's an issue that World Rugby really need to sort out in the long term.

Richie McCaw and a few other would study each referee, and learn how he interprets each law. They would then use that to push the limits - it wasn't done in the game, but prepared for before the game.

Richie McCaw and a few other would study each referee, and learn how he interprets each law. They would then use that to push the limits - it wasn't done in the game, but prepared for before the game.

With all due respect that is actually bull dust. So everyone knew this except the actual referees?

The guy cheated just as much as Lance, bit because he got away with it he's supposed to be remembered as a hero