Downhillers are insane...........

Mads

that's why they call them mountain bikes, not district-road bikes ;)

Edited by patches

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At my age I am afraid of this happening.

Those pesky trees I was talking about earlier...

That was the problem.!! My bike said: "No ways, Uh hu!! You go first!"

So we both walked :P :P

Good thing it wasn't a horse then !

Those buggers don't say a thing. They just stop if they don't want to, and allow you to go first. Usually straight over the ears.

Bike for the win any day. They are non-thinkers. Horses are just plain evil. Beautiful, but evil.

Kinda like Angelina............

Mountainbike wipeout = Pain :oops:

Downhill wipeout = Potential Death . RIP

At my age the risk reward ratio does not make it worthwhile but I envy the youngsters and their all-or-nothing attitude. Love watching it.

I was watching the downhill runs from Pmb and those guys are insane. If I think of it more than 20 years ago I would probably have done downhill and laugh at those jumps. Guess its all about ' No Fear' with heaps of skill. Respect to downhillers.

That was the problem.!! My bike said: "No ways, Uh hu!! You go first!"

So we both walked :P :P

Ahhh, cool post!

Funny!

:w00t:

I was watching the downhill runs from Pmb and those guys are insane. If I think of it more than 20 years ago I would probably have done downhill and laugh at those jumps. Guess its all about ' No Fear' with heaps of skill. Respect to downhillers.

I was there next to the track on Sunday and you can feel the force they come down the mountain as they pass you. Absolutely amazing, pure skill combined with madness :D

At my age I am afraid of this happening.

F-A-I-L!!! Hahaha I'm gonna start a rampage by saying that its the head angle's fault!!! I ride a Glory like the one in the back but i think without that Angleset headset by Cane Creek that bike is DODGY!!!

Just do a couple of nightrides at speed by the time your realize your suppose to crap yourself for whats comming, in that minute when your bowels are supposed to release" you notice your already down the drop off, and passed the rock. So the sphincter tightens back up and on you go.

Then you realize your mind is the biggest obsticle.

I want to start DH, but my dad said no, all because I rode into my cousin one time and broke my arm :lol:

I want to start DH, but my dad said no, all because I rode into my cousin one time and broke my arm :lol:

Suspecting your cousin is stronger than you and your bike :D

I am 35 now and am going faster and higher than ever on my dh bike. The one difference is that unlike when I was 17 it takes longer to recover. I crashed on the biggish hip jump at tokai in november and my whole thigh was purple for a week. It still hurts a bit when I drive now and its 4 months later! But I won't stop now. Its too much fun!

Suspecting your cousin is stronger than you and your bike :D

Haha :lol: , well, we were racing back to our holiday house in Sedgefield, and there was a hairpin bend.

So below is an image of what happened :D

excuse the poor drawing skills :P

ps. He's a rower now

post-26212-0-72908800-1332444490.jpg

Haha :lol: , well, we were racing back to our holiday house in Sedgefield, and there was a hairpin bend.

So below is an image of what happened :D

excuse the poor drawing skills :P

ps. He's a rower now

you know, at least Emily Batty managed to avoid her cuz Maja...