[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2 Diamond Rush

Tim_Fair

Did my 1st race on my single speed today,70km. Finished in 3h40, was definitely one of my toughest days on the bike, single speed is incredibly tough but had some good fun at least.

My 1st race on my new 29er ss. I did the 70km but rode without any watch/gps so think my time was about 4hours. A change in mindset is required for the flat sections as I can't stay with the geared bikes.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya the geared bikes smoked me on the flats but I found I was way faster on the climbs, but man the climbs are tough on the SS. Biggest thing I found was that I couldn't keep my heart rate down at the pace I needed to ride to turn the gear, average hr was 175

Edited by GT1

Good day out for me on the marathon, flat and fast, no problems. Enjoyed the bushveld in the more undeveloped parts of the course. Elsewhere at times I felt like I was riding through the set of "Deliverance".

What's with that pebblerock? anyone know the geological story?

What's with that pebblerock? anyone know the geological story?

makes quite an unusual noise too when being ridden over! like a flat back tyre ;)

makes quite an unusual noise too when being ridden over! like a flat back tyre ;)

I noticed that too. Looked down several times..I saw at least 3 ss around me ,but they slowed me down at every uphill untill i passed them.SS looks a chalenge thou..Enjoyed the route

230Km, 4 toll roads ( missed the N4 turn off), 1 speeding fine to ride 20km. Was is worth it? I'm not sure about the ride but it was a nice day out. Well organised and the beers after were great.

Guess i'll try the 40K at Trailseeker 3 :eek:

Did the 40k yesterday as well. At the 30km mark I felt like I could feel every blade of grass in my body. Was it just me or is this one of the tougher races. Haven't done many, but compared to Trailseeker 3, I think this is much harder?

I did the 40km and really enjoyed it a lot! The top part of the race where the back and forth turns were was good aswell. Got the legs burning to accelerate out the turns.

Couldn't really enjoy the single track as slower riders went really slow. Pity tho!

But overall a great race.

I thought it was a good day out. Well organised and quite a fun course. Dusty and sandy but there is avoiding that on the highveld in winter.

Narrowly missed a sub 3 on the SS.

Nice house jams pumping out that sound system at the start / finish.

Also got confused with that noise on the way back with a tail wind - def. sounded like riding with flat tyres. Had to check a few times myself.

Caught a lot of complaints about the 'wind' and the 'sand' - maybe the noObs must learn a bit about pace and not trying to battle the elements too hard, too soon. And to avoid the sand. The pace was high at the start into that Northerly wind. DNF list looks long, and DQ's ... wtf?

Great race & fantastic day out despite crashing twice on the rocks. Thanks to the guy in bianchi kit that helped me. Sand wasn't really a bother but the wind made it hard. Bring on the next event.

Results are out .I see they rider in first place 40k ave 38,km/h and beat everybody by 20min .His time 1h 1min .Is that for real ?Never heard of him and he is a vet

Edited by arendoog