[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #2 Diamond Rush

Tim_Fair

Only complaint I heard was from 20km fun riders that got pushed off the track by 40km riders. Ideally it shouldn't be single track.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did have a lot of guys wizz past without letting me know they were there, doesn't really phase me much, but could see it bothered a few of the less experienced around me.

Just be polite and let me know your coming on my right, but remember its my race too, if you have to wait a bit sorry for you

we were slow and passed by a lot of faster guys. most were polite and you could hear them several riders back indicating which side they were passing on. big up to every polite rider out there, you guys make everybody's experience better.

also thanx to Epic Sport at the 2nd water point. The chain lube was much appreciated after all the sand :)

Only complaint I heard was from 20km fun riders that got pushed off the track by 40km riders. Ideally it shouldn't be single track.

yup, that was annoying. The 40K should have started before the 20K

Hey guys,

This is what I picked up on the route yesterday! :thumbdown: It is your responsibility to keep our trails clean, and shame anybody who does not!

376201_10150943308687584_668149179_n.jpg

Hey guys,

This is what I picked up on the route yesterday! :thumbdown: It is your responsibility to keep our trails clean, and shame anybody who does not!

One of the USN bottles is mine (I don't expect to get it back), had no idea it fell out until I reached the second water point. Sad to see people have no shame when it comes to littering.

Hey guys, This is what I picked up on the route yesterday! :thumbdown: It is your responsibility to keep our trails clean, and shame anybody who does not!

I can understand a water bottle falling out without the rider being aware of it. Has happened to me. But the mass of GU's, USN Vooma etc is very sad. I even tuck the tear-off tab from my GU into the leg of my bibs with the sticky sachet.

Come guys, lets want the land owners to have us back on their property next time rather than having them refuse entry due to litter.

I had a great time - cool course, lovely little drop across the river onto the rocky climb, single track, bit of sand, fine course marking, ye olde rock tunnel and cave, cullinan is always an excellent venue and Harries Pancakes rocks.

Only downside was backmarkers - I think I yelled "passing on your right - thank you" at least 600 times. That said - the track was quite wide so and the bushes were far off the path so passing was relatively easy. Funny how "there is always one" though - 99.9999% of people had no issues moving to the left path or to the left of the right path but one $##@$%@#@$$ decided that I didn't deserve to get past because "I'm racing too you know" and stuck to the very right of the right path. Dude - why be a nubbin? I'm not asking you to jump off your bike and roll the red carpet for me - if you move a little left and I move a little right we can both get on with our race - no mess, fuss or you having a little ego hissy fit.

Bring on Number 3!

Had a good time trying to stick to Eldron`s wheel but came unstuck in the wind and could not get back on.

Loved the technical stuff and the drop down to the river was a revenge to ride as oppose to acquiring real estate like last year.

Most of the back markers were friendly and let us pass as we came through and had a good time.

However - One gripe - 2 of the Exxaro development riders on 2 sep occasions just pissed me off! Didnt call to pass and cut me off on a tight corner - I kind of expected it so I held back a bit and managed to avoid a bad crash just before the drop into the river. Then as everyone crosses - this douchbag decides to jump in front of everyone! The guy in front call him on it, and we give him a quick rundown on riding etiquette. He gets his panties in a twist, but has the legs and carries off in to the sunset - no problem with that but just be polite.

20km later - another of the Exxaro guys comes past and tries to cut insdie in a corner - I dont mind if you want to pass but just let me know you are coming!!!! I can hear you with the wind blowing if you dont call. He is very upset with the injustice being done to him as he races off - caught him again 5km to go.

I dont mid if you are stronger/faster/fitter than me - just be polite and call which side you want to pass. Had another junior passing in the last km - as he calls track, I move left, he wanted to pass left so he goes into the back of my wheel. No damage, he apologizes, I ask him to call a side next time, he acknowlages and we work together to the finish - no problem.

Had a good time - next time Im sitting on Eldron`s wheel - till the 25km mark!

Edited by Vinnydabutcher

Hey guys,

Sorry Tim, the glove is mine, it fell out of my back pocket somewhere out on the 70 route. :(

Hey guys,

the full conti bottle is mine, no idea where it fell out, need to make a plan to keep it in the cage better, thankfully i didn't need it.

Would be great to get it back, but no biggy.

Sad to see all those other papers etc. I mean its really not that hard to keep those till you get to the end and bin them properly

Hey guys,

Did you pick up a pair of lungs?

I lost mine quite early in the race...

"Did you pick up a pair of lungs?

I lost mine quite early in the race... "

Me too. Proberly because I don't have the will force to train in cold weather, which means since April.

I enjoyed myself and had a decent day (under 3:30). Got caught alone in the wind early after the start - big mistake! The seeding must have been wrong - caught many riders from earlier groups before the first waterpoint. Checked some on Saseeding - they had higher ratings than me before the race but was in groups ahead. Why? Mostly not a biggie because it is part of the game to be able to pass but the option to try to ride the rocky hill was gone because everybody was walking it when I got there - it is likely that I would have failed, but I would have liked to give it a go.... Will be back and RESPECT to the SS'ers and the cyclocross nutter!!