sani2c - newbie questions

-Gazza-

I have luckily managed to find a partner. Social media, forums and email are fantastic. flymango, I told my work today that if they did that to me, they would have my resignation within an hour. Stretch, not many people will employ someone who is already past retirement age, good on you for seeing that they still have something to give.

Glad you came right! We'll see you at the Trail!

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe look at doing the Berg&Bush with your dad.

It is also a fantastic race

If they're normal Racing Ralphs and not the Snakeskin Evo variety then I would be very wary of using them on Sani. I've punctured Crossmarks on that route before. Having said that Sani is a well manicured course and if you're in either the Adventure or Race then you have the added benefit of those riding the route the day before you, picking up all the thorns in their tyres :whistling: . But there are rocks that will slice a thin sidewall very quickly if you're careless when passing them. There's a reason you can buy the normal Racing Ralphs at 1/3 of the price of the Snakeskin versions.

Schwalbe Snakeskin tyres (Nobby Nic or Racing Ralph) are perfect for Sani.

My combo right there.

We have a room available on a lodge approx 20km out of Underberg for the Monday and Tuesday nights if anyone is still looking for accommodation. Please PM me

@ Ratty

Sorry to hear about your dad. They are right though find another stage race to ride it with him. I did Sani2c with my dad last year, was awesome. the year before he rode 3 Towers with my sister. Who knows may be we get him to ride 3 towers with his gandson this year.......... Got to grab every chance you can. Glad to hear you found another partner.

Bike serviced and running like a dream.......check

Bike booked on cyclelab transport.....check

flight booked ......................check

accomo and transport to event sorted...............check

gear packed ........................check

fitness level.........................who cares

DAMN im amped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cannot wait ... 5 more sleeps

@ Ratty

Sorry to hear about your dad. They are right though find another stage race to ride it with him. I did Sani2c with my dad last year, was awesome. the year before he rode 3 Towers with my sister. Who knows may be we get him to ride 3 towers with his gandson this year.......... Got to grab every chance you can. Glad to hear you found another partner.

@Swift, its awesome when you can ride with a family member. Your dad is lucky he has two of you.

I will be watching the Hub with eagle eyes when it gets closer to Wines2Whales. Bit like a vulture , but will do what I can to get an entry.

sani seeding, where are you...??

oops... sorry. Its people like me doing late substitutions that is holding up the seeding. Spoke to Judy just now and they are doing their best to get it out.

oops... sorry. Its people like me doing late substitutions that is holding up the seeding. Spoke to Judy just now and they are doing their best to get it out.

Hehe, its ok - we guilty too, did a last minute partner swop too on Monday.... phew was cutting it close!

Will they post the seeding to their website or on facebook?

I am so excited, we doing the adventure, my first Sani2C. Bike is sorted, accommodation sorted, Fitness(well that's sorted too, cause nothing i do now will change it anyway!! :unsure: )

This is gonna be awesome! I actually just want to wrap myself in bubble wrap until wednesday morning, everybody at work has flu... I even drive extra careful... don't want to jippo this in any way! SUPER EXCITED!

Hehe, its ok - we guilty too, did a last minute partner swop too on Monday.... phew was cutting it close!

My partner is in doubt. Antibiotics does not seem to do the trick, We make a call on Sunday. :( .

My partner is in doubt. Antibiotics does not seem to do the trick, We make a call on Sunday. :( .

i am in isolation at the moment - no physical contact with anyone.

the kids get a high-five when i get home, the wife a wave to say hello, and i keep a good 2m distance when talking to other people.

i also have a cocktail of vitamins and other things that i take to (supposedly) aid that i dont fall ill before the adventure.