lego

Wayne Potgieter

Thanks for posting!  Got some nice deals for my son, who's birthday is late Oct.  Hope it gets to us in time.

:thumbup:

My son got some nice deals too...

Only his birthday is in June...

And he'll be turning 1...

And I bought the Technics set with the 8 wheeled truck with pneumatic's bits and a motor...   :whistling:

It's an investment, right?  And it will make an awesome set to form the basis of his collection to add other sets too. And it was half price! I couldn't turn down a deal like that.  Well, that's what I'm telling the wife...  :lol: 

And I also bought him the police Duplo set to bring some 'balance' to the Disney princess themed stuff his 3 years old sister has...

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/print/2014/5/lego_american_gothic.jpg

This lot.

She is a real hottie.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/71/Grant_DeVolson_Wood_-_American_Gothic.jpg/639px-Grant_DeVolson_Wood_-_American_Gothic.jpg

• 6 months later...

Logoland is much better in summer, but still great fun

I never realised that Legoland is in Billund. Our head office is in Fredericia. I am going over there in a week, and will make time to visit.

The boys and I spent the whole of last weekend putting together their Lego stuff, rebuilding all the cars planes etc...My folks kept all of my Lego from I was a kid (25 years :eek: ) and gave it to my two boys...that is the beauty of this stuff, it NEVER goes out of fashion and it is all compatible :clap: .

Bought this book at the exhibition. Worth a read. Well written and funny:

An adult LEGO fan's dual quest: to build with bricks and build a family

There are 62 LEGO bricks for every person in the world, and at age 30, Jonathan Bender realized that he didn't have a single one of them. While reconsidering his childhood dream of becoming a master model builder for The LEGO Group, he discovers the men and women who are skewing the averages with collections of hundreds of thousands of LEGO bricks. What is it about the ubiquitous, brightly colored toys that makes them so hard for everyone to put down?

In search of answers and adventure, Jonathan Bender sets out to explore the quirky world of adult fans of LEGO (AFOLs) while becoming a builder himself. As he participates in challenges at fan conventions, searches for the largest private collection in the United States, and visits LEGO headquarters (where he was allowed into the top secret set vault), he finds his LEGO journey twinned with a second creative endeavor—to have a child. His two worlds intertwine as he awaits the outcome: Will he win a build competition or bring a new fan of LEGO into the world? Like every really good love story, this one has surprises—and a happy ending.

• Explores the world of adult fans of LEGO, from rediscovering the childhood joys of building with LEGO to evaluating LEGO's place in culture and art
  • Takes an inside look at LEGO conventions, community taboos, and build challenges and goes behind-the-scenes at LEGO headquarters and LEGOLAND
  • Tells a warm and personal story about the attempt to build with LEGO and build a family

Whether you're an avid LEGO freak or a onetime fan who now shares LEGO bricks with your children, this book will appeal to the inner builder in you and reignite a love for all things LEGO.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Love-Story-Jonathan-Bender/dp/0470407026

• 1 month later...

Bought this a while back...different build. Employed some off building I wasn't used to. But it turned out to be such a cool model. I said at the time, that apart from Collector's Edition Tie and X-Wing fighters I built up years ago, this was probably the coolest Lego set I'd owned...

post-1604-0-87074700-1431923733_thumb.png

...but what was nagging me was a set I'd seen a couple of years back. Being bored, I phoned Pop's Toys in Northmead to ask if they would by any chance have a VW Camper van set I'd seen there in the window once. The dude on the phone said I was in luck, because he had just got eight sets and all had been snaffled up by people who'd back-ordered them. Apparently the set is being retired from the catalogue. Started building it with my youngest son Breandan. Had a jol, but ran out of time. So I finished it off on Sunday morning. Left the stickers for B to do...

post-1604-0-81849600-1431923980_thumb.png

Anyhows, just after I'd finished building that yesterday, my bike just happened to take me towards the vicinity of Pop's Toys again... :blush:  Was so cool to run into ngala24, my missus, Mel, and son, Brogan, there. It was the little dude's birthday and he'd asked for vouchers instead of pressies (you can actually, I found out, do lists at Pop's for birthdays). He's Lego mad and was leaving the shop with some good sets - especially the Technic plane. Made me smile to see youngsters digging Lego.

I knew what I'd ordered at Pop's hadn't come in yet, but I needed to build something, so I added to my small Architecture collection, with this...

post-1604-0-55795000-1431924310_thumb.jpg

...there's a bigger version - not in the Architecture series - that I really, really want, but I don't have the R3999 for it at the moment.

Oh, and I own one of these... :blush: 

post-1604-0-06648100-1431924406_thumb.png  

Bought this a while back...different build. Employed some off building I wasn't used to. But it turned out to be such a cool model. I said at the time, that apart from Collector's Edition Tie and X-Wing fighters I built up years ago, this was probably the coolest Lego set I'd owned...

attachicon.gifmini.png

...but what was nagging me was a set I'd seen a couple of years back. Being bored, I phoned Pop's Toys in Northmead to ask if they would by any chance have a VW Camper van set I'd seen there in the window once. The dude on the phone said I was in luck, because he had just got eight sets and all had been snaffled up by people who'd back-ordered them. Apparently the set is being retired from the catalogue. Started building it with my youngest son Breandan. Had a jol, but ran out of time. So I finished it off on Sunday morning. Left the stickers for B to do...

attachicon.gifCamper.png

Anyhows, just after I'd finished building that yesterday, my bike just happened to take me towards the vicinity of Pop's Toys again... :blush:  Was so cool to run into ngala24, my missus, Mel, and son, Brogan, there. It was the little dude's birthday and he'd asked for vouchers instead of pressies (you can actually, I found out, do lists at Pop's for birthdays). He's Lego mad and was leaving the shop with some good sets - especially the Technic plane. Made me smile to see youngsters digging Lego.

I knew what I'd ordered at Pop's hadn't come in yet, but I needed to build something, so I added to my small Architecture collection, with this...

attachicon.gifCFQs-7wWEAAuNZr (1).jpg

...there's a bigger version - not in the Architecture series - that I really, really want, but I don't have the R3999 for it at the moment.

Oh, and I own one of these... :blush:

attachicon.gifclock.png  

That Camper is awesome!