Coffee machine

Ok, so I've tried and tested the entire sample pack and I have to confess in no particular order that the following is what really makes a good cup of coffee for me:

Roma, Fortissio Lungo, Arpeggio and Livanto... The Ristretto is also good, however, the Indriya makes me Buzz, pardon the pun...

Yebo. Roma, Ristretto and Fortissio Lungo are the only ones I usually buy, plus the full strength decaf. The Lungo designed for a slightly bigger volume of water.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife & I have been given a coffee machine that requires beans and not pods.We do not enjoy very strong coffee,in fact something closer to Wimpy coffee is more our taste.

Can anyone recommend which beans we should buy to suit our taste.

Thanks

Buy a light roast bean, and read the manual on your machine - you should be able to dial back the strength considerably, most bean to cup machnes have some configuration capability.

Wimpy coffee has lots of milk - but is made with a light roast bean - try House of coffees as a start - they have numbers on the packets that indicate the roast levels - the lower the number, the lightr the roast.

Sounds awesome! I hardly use the frother - only when Mrs Ti wants a cup. My favourite cup size is D, and auto erections in my house are commonpla.......oh! sorry

Well, ladies and gentlefolk, Nespresso has three new blends out, called "Variations".

I bought two tubes of the coconut yesterday and I am embarrassed to say I have already drank half a tube today, thats 5 pods since this morning 5.30 am. Its that good.!

If you like new blends hot foot it over to the Nespresso shop and pick up a few tubes, I can recommend it.

http://www.nespresso.com/ultimate-coffee-creations/ZA/en/variations?cid=EM_ZAen_B2C_Nov12_Int_Variations2012_Launch_Milk#/home

Well, ladies and gentlefolk, Nespresso has three new blends out, called "Variations".

I bought two tubes of the coconut yesterday and I am embarrassed to say I have already drank half a tube today, thats 5 pods since this morning 5.30 am. Its that good.!

If you like new blends hot foot it over to the Nespresso shop and pick up a few tubes, I can recommend it.

http://www.nespresso...unch_Milk#/home

Thanks for the heads up.

Monday i am there.

Ok.

Sandton is out of stock of Coconut - Probably because a certain grumpy person bought too much.

As for Macadamia and Hazelnut...plenty.

I bought 20 sleeves of hazelnut - ITS JUST TOO DAMN GOOD!!! and 5 sleeves of Mac.

Will order coconut online.

(Store reckons they will have more coconut in by Wednesday.)

Ok.

Sandton is out of stock of Coconut - Probably because a certain grumpy person bought too much.

As for Macadamia and Hazelnut...plenty.

I bought 20 sleeves of hazelnut - ITS JUST TOO DAMN GOOD!!! and 5 sleeves of Mac.

Will order coconut online.

(Store reckons they will have more coconut in by Wednesday.)

Yeah the coconut is tops, mine is finished already.

Was gonna go past tomorrow, but I'll wait till Wednesday. The Hazelnut is good, I agree, still have two or three sleeves left so I'll drink them until Wednesday.

Gonna grab 20 sleeves of coconut as well, I love it.

Mmm coconut coffee. Will I be able to sample it, even if I have no real intention of buying a machine?

Had a Nespresso yesterday morning at a mates house before we rode to the start of the 94.7.

I was gobsmacked at the amount of Nespresso sleeves he had in his cupboard.

Just ordered some of the two nutty ones.

You lot are all nuts - the cost of operating one of those toys is huge compared to running a real espresso machine.. and of course imho the coffee is not great - you might as well put flavoured syrup into it.. :)

Mmm coconut coffee. Will I be able to sample it, even if I have no real intention of buying a machine?

Yeah, go to the Nespresso shop in Sandton City, they have a little coffee bar where you can try all the blends no charge.

Yeah, go to the Nespresso shop in Sandton City, they have a little coffee bar where you can try all the blends no charge.

Just beware....looking leads to buying.