Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone buy coffee from the WW cafe lately? For me their coffee is becoming consistently bitter. Anyone else experience this?

Anyone buy coffee from the WW cafe lately? For me their coffee is becoming consistently bitter. Anyone else experience this?

That's very sad. There was a time where I really rated their cappuccinos.... Haven't had one for months.

That Illy book is $95 as an ebook!!!!! That's a lot of beans. Must admit I'm tempted

will consider the Illy book as an investment purchase then. At that price better be worth it.

You talking about Woolworths?

Yes, used to enjoy their coffee, but not so much anymore though.

Thought it was only me imagining it...had a cuppcahino there and it was terrible...

That's why I asked if anyone has had a similar experience. It's not a once off. I know for a fact that their machine is cleaned as it should be. I generally only buy from café though.

I recon at a busy cafe the group head should be brushed like once every half an hour.

My experience, try and talk through the coffee with the Barista.

I know the WW guys very well and they have systems and training in place.

It is really difficult to get coffee 100% perfect in every store all the time.

Trust me the guys try.

I know what goes into our training and Barista assessments.

We have the Satisfaction Guarantee in place for this reason.

We encourage Customers with knowledge and skill to challenge our Barista's to get it right more often. Regulars know which Barista's pull the best shots and they call for them to make their coffee.

It is difficult in an environment such as SA (worldwide for that matter) where Barista's take the work as an opportunity to earn money, not a passion.

Further we encourage customers to contact us on Twitter / Facebook or HelloPeter to give us feedback, so we know where to focus our efforts.

I'm sure the WW / TriBeca guys are the same.

Try contacting them and see if they make an effort to improve the extraction.

Cheers

I've Tweeted Ishan a few times before and he's quick to respond, so give it a bash.

I find the consistency at Woolies great across such a large chain, but the man maketh the coffee and some are better than others. Some of you will remember me posting a pic of the frothy mess I got from their Northgate branch the one day.

Thus as 101SC says get to know your local barista and have them make your cup or give it a skip if they aren't there. At my local Woolies cafe there's a lady barista that's great, but the rest of the staff have been taught to make coffee and if she's off and they do it, it's just not the same.

Went to Colcacchio's for mothers'day, got scaldingly hot cuppas. Bitter with dish foam froth. Complained and they made new ones with nice art on, good foam etc. Still a darker roast, but drinkable. So also let them know. They can't fix it otherwise.