Coffee machine

Also keen to know. Anyone?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone have experience with a 'Handpresso' machine for a go-anywhere-have-an-espresso solution? Wondering if they're any good.
www.handpresso.co.za/products/handpresso-pump

Seems to make sense that you pump it to pressure first.

PS. Would be even handier if it could double as a shock pump on bikepacking trips  :thumbup: 

Anyone have experience with a 'Handpresso' machine for a go-anywhere-have-an-espresso solution? Wondering if they're any good.

www.handpresso.co.za/products/handpresso-pump

Seems to make sense that you pump it to pressure first.

PS. Would be even handier if it could double as a shock pump on bikepacking trips  :thumbup: 

Was never temperature stable and developed a leak quite quickly - binned it as not useful - rather get an aeropress.

The aeropress is unbeatable both in value/price and the coffee they produce. From all reports the handpresso is unfortunately a gimmick, they may work a few times but after a while they become a pita or just plain useless.

Don't go cheap on the grinder, it's like flushing money down the toilet.

Edited by Skylark

Was never temperature stable and developed a leak quite quickly - binned it as not useful - rather get an aeropress.

Completely agree, there is also an add on for the asropress that lets you use it to make espresso, works well, tried it the other day, a little pricey though.

Completely agree, there is also an add on for the asropress that lets you use it to make espresso, works well, tried it the other day, a little pricey though.

Been keen to try that adapter... 

How much do you think an Expobar coffee machine and grinder is worth second hand?

Do you have a pic of the grinder?

here it is - the machine and grinder for R 19800. new the machine is R 32995 and the grinder R 10 600.

post-2565-0-34769600-1529067362_thumb.jpeg

here it is - the machine and grinder for R 19800. new the machine is R 32995 and the grinder R 10 600.

That is a good deal - you won't struggle to practice on that machine.1