Coffee machine

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are welcome to pop around to my office to drink coffee sometime (this is a standing invite to thread participants) and we can talk coffee and see if we can get your frothing going quickly... I am not the worlds best frother, but happy to try help anytime.

One of the best cups of coffee I've had!

It's not pretty, nor fancy, but it does the job.

Quad espresso, grinds by Gourmet Coffee Roasters in Kuils River (they deliver when we need) and a simple Mellerware espresso machine. 

Does reasonable coffee, better than (I'd say) most of the big brand places do. post-3056-0-29299600-1529309093_thumb.jpg

http://www.applianceworldcc.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/trento-espresso-coffee-maker-29200a-large.jpg

Maybe check out some reviews on Home Barista or Seattle Coffee gear on YouTube? My buddy has the 270W it's quick, but loud as hell. I'd be concerned around the ability to make micro adjustments. I think he had similar issues with his in fact..

Hi Guys!

Need your expert advice, please. I know little less than zero about Espresso Machines but am busy reading up on them.

Required coffees per day...

Roughly 4 singles and 2 doubles per day.

Thus, the machine will be used 6 times a day and 8 cups will be made, will probably vary between Americano, Cappuccino and the odd Latte.

I am trying to decide between the following two machines, PLEASE help!

Rocket Evoluzione R

or the soon to be launched

Lelit Bianca

Thanks, guys/girls.

Hi Guys!

Need your expert advice, please. I know little less than zero about Espresso Machines but am busy reading up on them.

Required coffees per day...

Roughly 4 singles and 2 doubles per day.

Thus, the machine will be used 6 times a day and 8 cups will be made, will probably vary between Americano, Cappuccino and the odd Latte.

I am trying to decide between the following two machines, PLEASE help!

Rocket Evoluzione R

or the soon to be launched

Lelit Bianca

Thanks, guys/girls.

I think the lelit is a dual boiler and the rocket is a single boiler hx machine - not completely certain on that but worth checking - definately go with the dual boiler at the same price.

Neither of them have volumetric controls - that is not mandatory but certainly a nice to have at that price level.

Other than the dual boiler (on which I may be wrong from memory) they are much of a muchness - both rotary pumps and e61 heads and PID temp control.

So things to check are the dual vs single boiler and the physical dimensions of the 2 devices - also depends which you like the look of.

REMEMBER - the grinder is more important than the machine.....

Edited by V12man

Thanks V12man! Not sure how I missed the fact that the rocket is a single boiler.

Leaning very strong towards the Linea. Will most likely invest in a good scale thus the Volumetric Controls aren't too big of an issue.

Any other comments or recommendations?

As per V12 grinder, grinder, grinder!

I see you mention Linea in your last post, if so, normal Linea and not Linea Mini they are two very different things!

1 group Linea is a beast! 

Normal Linea sounds like serious overkill based on his needs? Can rather use the money to get a solid grinder with the mini perhaps?

1 group linea has no tank... means plumbing it in... which will need swmbo approval for sure - might cost you a new kitchen or a bunch of alimony.

Thanks V12man! Not sure how I missed the fact that the rocket is a single boiler.

Leaning very strong towards the Linea. Will most likely invest in a good scale thus the Volumetric Controls aren't too big of an issue.

Any other comments or recommendations?

volumetrics are fantastic if you are entertaining - as is a 2 group machine... or a 3 group...

Wait...this is escalating quickly!

My bad, I actually meant "...leaning strongly towards the Lelit Bianca " and not Linea Mini.

But then after reading some more the Profitec Pro 700 caught my eye, but now I am actually in Linea Mini territory and completely clueless again.

I will ask advice on the grinder later but trust me I will NOT skimp on the grinder as I can gather it plays a major if not THE biggest roll.

If you guys are bored please check the official Lelit Bianca site out and give me your thoughts, please. Value for money wise it seems good, but I've read the Profitec Pro 700's are very good too.

Thanks gents.

Edited by Krypt0n1te

I use a Grimac Mia at home and it handles a couple of coffees quite easily. 

I have even used in a pinch at the market and made about 50 coffees on it with some water tank juggling. 

Its a cool machine but doesnt have the look of the others. 

The reason i mention this is the Grimac is a big HX machine, it can handle loads once you master it!

Looks like a nice piece of kit Indeed. I've also heard good things about the Profitec, from what I recall the Lelita looks nicer though..

Check out some reviews on Home Barista or coffee geek perhaps. As for the Linea mini I've only heard good things. In fact I almost bought one. You won't be able to tinker like with the other two options though.