Coffee machine

Just now, Fisan said:

But are these ACME though? Not some sort of counterfeit?

Thinking the same, also thinking what they feel like if you kept this one and the "original"

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Meezo said:

Thinking the same, also thinking what they feel like if you kept this one and the "original"

There's a shop literally 3 mins from my place. Hopefully they have stock so I can compare. If it's the real thing I'll definitely get some!

1 minute ago, Fisan said:

There's a shop literally 3 mins from my place. Hopefully they have stock so I can compare. If it's the real thing I'll definitely get some!

keep some for me too then... where are they?

I was at Stellenbosch square today. They feel heavy, like the other ones I have at home. I think my other set was about R300 per cup and R200 for a saucer - R175 for 6 is a steal.

Edited by Christie

On 5/23/2022 at 7:40 PM, the nerd said:

You have to remove the main cover, but once it's off everything is right there. 

Probably just the tap seals in there binding up. 

A while back the tap stopped working. So  I pulled the tap in its entirety out and went to Partshub with it. Ended up being the gasket that the tap pushes against. 

Well I rebuilt the entire tap with new seals, and sommer replaced the shower screen, Porta filter gasket and got some cleaning chemicals for a bargain. 

Machine is serviced, cleaned, descaled, and gooiing steam at command again. 

Die saak is weer reg hier in my huis. 

I recently ordered some coffee from some new roastery up in Polokwane, I must say, they know what they are doing and their coffee is well priced. 

I used to order either Truth or Portland project for my bean to cup machine but I must say, these beans are way better especially the Ethiopia Medium Roast. 

give them a try, you won't be disappointed - https://www.bunbun.co.za 

okay. So they look like they real deal, and 99% sure they are. But also pretty sure these are factory rejects (blemishes, not perfectly round, etc). Still worth it, but little stock avaialble at my store.

44 minutes ago, Christie said:

Whitehouse cups marked down some more, R175 for 6. There are still some Acme left, some followed me home again.

But check the bottom, Acme mixed with other brands on the shelves.

20230330_131128.jpg

9 minutes ago, Fisan said:

okay. So they look like they real deal, and 99% sure they are. But also pretty sure these are factory rejects (blemishes, not perfectly round, etc). Still worth it, but little stock avaialble at my store.

Im 100% sure they are real, but also 100% sure they are factory rejects! 

We've had 2 lose their ears completely, not broken off, just off... but this is out of about 12 sets. 

Other than that, a few little blemishes like the weird colours in the ceramic etc..

12 minutes ago, the nerd said:

Im 100% sure they are real, but also 100% sure they are factory rejects! 

We've had 2 lose their ears completely, not broken off, just off... but this is out of about 12 sets. 

Other than that, a few little blemishes like the weird colours in the ceramic etc..

Good to see you still around hope all is well!!

Must send us some of new beans if you've got any, me and @babse would be keen 

I'll be taking some leave soon and wanted to see if i can attend a basic barista course in that time.

I want to be able to make some basic coffee, honestly a single or double cappuccino and I'll be satisfied....none of this latte art is necessary

Does someone know of a place in PTA that offers courses like this ? 

5 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

I'll be taking some leave soon and wanted to see if i can attend a basic barista course in that time.

I want to be able to make some basic coffee, honestly a single or double cappuccino and I'll be satisfied....none of this latte art is necessary

I know of a place close to, or in, Parktown. 

10 minutes ago, BaGearA said:

Heavenly Coffees in pta, they do all levels are training and have done for years! 

Francois the owner there is also a super nice dude. 

https://www.heavenlycoffees.com/products/intro-to-barista-skills?variant=43911143588090

On 3/30/2023 at 4:27 PM, Meezo said:

Good to see you still around hope all is well!!

Must send us some of new beans if you've got any, me and @babse would be keen 

Yeah man still here just super busy with the shop! 

Im busy finalising an order for some killer Colombian, so once thats in I will let you know! 

25 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I know of a place close to, or in, Parktown. 

litte far, but what's the name ?