Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nespresso capsule will be just as stale.... they are stale in the shop...

But it's a fun geek project I guess..... not for me, but....  :) :)

Agreed, still better than Frisco, or that Nescafe instant rubbish.

Will make a plan some day to take you up on the offer of a decent brew.

Just a note, the Breville is doing ok!

Cmon, give us more than that, 

Give me a break down of how you pull your shots...basket size?, tamping pressure? Grind?

The least you can do for yourself Bobbo, is to get a little french press, a little grinder and then buy your own coffee.

Hell, even pre-ground coffee is better than plastic coffee!

well thanks to you lot i now count the hours to get home to get my shot in,,,,,,,,

i WAS HAPPY TILL YOU SNOBS TURNED ME :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

OKES THIS MILK //FROTH THING IS COSTING ME LOTS OF MONEY :cursing:  :cursing:

I need to get back to my instructor, i am a legend in the coffee part the froth not soo much :blush:  :blush:

Lekker man dips

The hard part for me is consistency ito shot quality....frothing, piece of tekkie. Fill jug to half, wait till steam is properly going, quickly insert nozzle, just stretch and air small bits...then when milk is warm, blixem jug on granite top to get rid of biggish bubbles, roll the milk, blixem again, roll some more, give one last hard blixem...

Silk comes out of jug....lekker micro bubble smoofness

Edited by rouxtjie

Lekker man dips

The hard part for me is consistency ito shot quality....frothing, piece of tekkie. Fill jug to half, wait till steam is properly going, quickly insert nozzle, just stretch and air small bits...then when milk is warm, blixem jug on granite top to get rid of biggish bubbles, roll the milk, blixem again, roll some more, give one last hard blixem...

Silk comes out of jug....lekker micro bubble smoofness

Roux ..... have you left the outer sleeve on your nozzle?

I found it gives a very thick milk and does not let me have full control.

Took it off and am now running with just the bare steam wand and it is working very lekker ..... getting the milk just right.

Roux ..... have you left the outer sleeve on your nozzle?

I found it gives a very thick milk and does not let me have full control.

Took it off and am now running with just the bare steam wand and it is working very lekker ..... getting the milk just right.

No hairy that sleeve thing is die grootste lot *** onder die son....I ride the lightning...no nozzle.

Makes a fine pea shooter though 

Bare or bloots is the way forward on our machines  :thumbup:

well thanks to you lot i now count the hours to get home to get my shot in,,,,,,,,

i WAS HAPPY TILL YOU SNOBS TURNED ME :thumbdown:  :thumbdown:

OKES THIS MILK //FROTH THING IS COSTING ME LOTS OF MONEY :cursing:  :cursing:

I need to get back to my instructor, i am a legend in the coffee part the froth not soo much :blush:  :blush:

1 drop dishwashing soap + water - practice...... :)

Rinse and repeat.... x 50.......

Cheaper than milk....

1 drop dishwashing soap + water - practice...... :)

Rinse and repeat.... x 50.......

Cheaper than milk....

tip of the day....great result  :thumbup:

will try myself

Another option is programming the wife to wakeup when the alarm goes off and promptly proceed to making you a coffee in bed.......

I would be more likely to get kicked than coffee...... unless it gets dropped on me in bed.... at McDonalds temperatures...

will try myself

dutchie,,,,he makes it LOOK OHHH SO EASY,,,,,,,but no :blush:  :blush:

will try myself

he gets water and sunlight   to look like 100% cream/milk froth,,,,

i cant get the milk right

DID I MENTION I HATE HIM at the moment :ph34r:

he gets water and sunlight   to look like 100% cream/milk froth,,,,

i cant get the milk right

DID I MENTION I HATE HIM at the moment :ph34r:

I am deffos gonna try that, eventhough I like the milk I produce, took a bit of time to get right, to my liking at least.

Used about 7 jersey cows worth a day at one stage...but hey, the oke that helped me showed me the blixem and roll thing...also it seems that I cooked the milk sometimes...then its buggerup

jokes aside if he does the liquid soap and water thing and puts it next to milk, i will put money on the fact that you will get a good couple of glasses of soap cause it will be a 50/50 thing  cause you cant tell the difference visually

jokes aside if he does the liquid soap and water thing and puts it next to milk, i will put money on the fact that you will get a good couple of glasses of soap cause it will be a 50/50 thing  cause you cant tell the difference visually

Just think how much fun you can have with a big machine at work and that trick.... :)

You can also practice pouring latte art with the soap - use soy sauce as espresso.... find a cheap one and dilute it with water ....

And if you want practice using milk - get a bunch of kids - make hot chocolate..... just make "espresso" by disolving the hot chocolate in hot water first..... kids go nuts for the stuff.... well - some do anyway... only 1 of mine likes it...

Just think how much fun you can have with a big machine at work and that trick.... :)

You can also practice pouring latte art with the soap - use soy sauce as espresso.... find a cheap one and dilute it with water ....

And if you want practice using milk - get a bunch of kids - make hot chocolate..... just make "espresso" by disolving the hot chocolate in hot water first..... kids go nuts for the stuff.... well - some do anyway... only 1 of mine likes it...

MY DAUGHTER ALREADY STEPS UP WHEN I START THE MACHINE IN ANTISIPATION OF DADS FAILURE :clap:  :clap:  :clap: