Coffee machine

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask why? My technical understanding of machines is limited I am afraid.

Who knows why.... he is a Nerd... :)

http://www.onlinecoffeeshop.co.za/shop/espresso-coffee-machines/crem-expobar-office-lever-brewtus-p-i-d-dual-boiler-domestic-espresso-coffee-machine/

Has all the features you need - DB, PID, water and steam - don't know about the rotary pump and I don't like the aesthetic - but its a good price too.

Call www.importalia.co.za about the isomac's - they should know the most, being the importer...

Guest Travis.

I am not surprised that you enjoyed it. Most of the women I know are fond of Wimpy cappuccinos.

Sounds like the smart man's choice. Best place to "hunt"?

Who knows why.... he is a Nerd... :)http://www.onlinecoffeeshop.co.za/shop/espresso-coffee-machines/crem-expobar-office-lever-brewtus-p-i-d-dual-boiler-domestic-espresso-coffee-machine/

Has all the features you need - DB, PID, water and steam - don't know about the rotary pump and I don't like the aesthetic - but its a good price too.

Call www.importalia.co.za about the isomac's - they should know the most, being the importer...

That Expobar is a nice machine! Parts and service easily available as well which is nice.

all i can add at this stage is a PID is not so simple to retro fit,,,,i will retry today or tomorrow again

Ah V12man. I totally sympathize with your wife. I now don't want to buy a new coffee machine anymore. I wish I never started with this coffee thing. Think I will go back to Ricoffy.

So jokes aside. I will get the butt ugly little Oscar fixed. I will save money. I will buy the Linea Mini.

I was reading reviews on various sites and they say the Simonelli MDX grinder which I have is a match for the Mazzer SJ but not as pretty. I will put up with the looks and put up with the Oscar until I can afford what I really want

Basically I am taking V12mans advice

Ah V12man. I totally sympathize with your wife. I now don't want to buy a new coffee machine anymore. I wish I never started with this coffee thing. Think I will go back to Ricoffy.

So jokes aside. I will get the butt ugly little Oscar fixed. I will save money. I will buy the Linea Mini.

I was reading reviews on various sites and they say the Simonelli MDX grinder which I have is a match for the Mazzer SJ but not as pretty. I will put up with the looks and put up with the Oscar until I can afford what I really want

Basically I am taking V12mans advice

did you get a price on this machine by the way? I am waiting on feedback on the Mondial, I think the new ones have rotary pumps.

I didn't yet but I'm expecting 50 to 60 K. The Linea Mini you mean?

The commercial Linea 1 group is about 60k - the mini should be about half of that - call Koldserve - they had some coming in a while back

Speak to George - George @ Koldserve

Edited by V12man