Coffee machine

Brian I wasn't referring to you at all, so please don't be offended, no "type" was mentioned and besides, it's not Friday any way. I also travelled with one of those. It was merely a statement referring to the morons that exist in our twisted world, like the woman who drove me crazy by "drying" her shirt with her hair drier for 2 hours resulting in its meltdown one night in Mauritius...

Cool, no worries.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar back after the fourth or fifth time after a botched service. Now I'm told they were putting in the incorrect element. Funny but that's what my gut feeling was from the start and I even suggested it to them. I'm not sure it's fixed but for now it's up and running. We will see.

Thank you everyone for the ongoing assistance and advice while this was going on.

V12 I am still planning on buying the Linea Mini at the end of the year. Would love to bother you for a lesson or two at some point if that's OK.

Once again thanks all.

Oscar back after the fourth or fifth time after a botched service. Now I'm told they were putting in the incorrect element. Funny but that's what my gut feeling was from the start and I even suggested it to them. I'm not sure it's fixed but for now it's up and running. We will see.

Thank you everyone for the ongoing assistance and advice while this was going on.

V12 I am still planning on buying the Linea Mini at the end of the year. Would love to bother you for a lesson or two at some point if that's OK.

Once again thanks all.

Ah man for your sake I hope it is fixed! 

Once you make coffee on a linea or a GB5 you will be ruined ha ha ha

So it seems like another Oscar is giving problems.  This weekend I heard steam coming from my Oscar and all of a sudden a load bang as the pressure valve opened up.

I suspect the pressure stat or its diaphragm is broken 

What grinder is that?

Is Mastertons pretty decent coffee, seen it at some Spars, reasonably priced as well?

Looks like a porlex... 

I wouldn't buy coffee at a supermarket.. 

Looks like a porlex...

Indeed that's why I'm asking [emoji6]

What grinder is that?

Is Mastertons pretty decent coffee, seen it at some Spars, reasonably priced as well?

Looks like a porlex... 

Agree, but if you can get Mastertons fresh, it's pretty good stuff.

Looks like a porlex... 

What grinder is that?

This exactly, the stuff at supermarkets is old.

Mastertons roast fresh daily and you can order online from them and get it delivered.

I love going into their shop, that place smells amazing.

So it seems like another Oscar is giving problems.  This weekend I heard steam coming from my Oscar and all of a sudden a load bang as the pressure valve opened up.

I suspect the pressure stat or its diaphragm is broken

Mine is now sorted. Well so it seems. Took over a month and 5 trips in to the importers but it's finally done.

I hope you don't have to go through as much difficulty as I did.

What grinder is that?

It is a Porlex mini grinder, it takes about 90 seconds to grind enough beans for a strong cup of Aeropress.

In my opinion Mastertons have great coffee, but I only buy at the roastery as I live less than 10 minutes from there. Buying at the roastery means that the beans were roasted 3 days ago or less.

Most beans you see at supermarkets are already stale before you buy it.

To me the freshness is more important than the origin of the coffee or whether it was "artisan roasted" by some skinny jean wearing hipster. That is what I like about Mastertons, no frills, good quality, freshness and 90 years of experience in coffee roasting.

Is the Porlex mini grinder better than the Hario's?

Definitely looks more durable and portable, no glass and minimum plastic

Is the Porlex mini grinder better than the Hario's?

Definitely looks more durable and portable, no glass and minimum plastic

Porlex makes an excellent grinder, Hario make from budget level to expensive grinders. The porlex is the perfect travel grinder.