Classifieds and Info Posted

Hairy

Hi all

Just a note with a little rant.

Please do not advertise an item as free in the price bracket when completing the advert and when one opens the add the items are list with prices. Nothing serious, just that it sucks.

example: https://www.bikehub.co.za/index.php?app=hubmarket&do=view_item&item_id=29429

Further to this when people to a sale of a for example a garage clearance, they very often list the cheapest item as the listed price when setting up the add and yet again when you open the add the items are listed indicidualy and the listed price is for something like an old underpants that was used as a rag and is now sold as nearly brand new. Nothing serious, just that is sucks.

Regards from Just a grumpy Hairy today

yeah, understand your grump, but even in your example - three items, three prices - which one would you prefer to be listed?

Hi all

Just a note with a little rant.

Please do not advertise an item as free in the price bracket when completing the advert and when one opens the add the items are list with prices. Nothing serious, just that it sucks.

example: http://www.thehubsa....m&item_id=29429

Further to this when people to a sale of a for example a garage clearance, they very often list the cheapest item as the listed price when setting up the add and yet again when you open the add the items are listed indicidualy and the listed price is for something like an old underpants that was used as a rag and is now sold as nearly brand new. Nothing serious, just that is sucks.

Regards from Just a grumpy Hairy today

I agree :thumbup:

yeah, understand your grump, but even in your example - three items, three prices - which one would you prefer to be listed?

The T.B.A tag would be appropriate.

The T.B.A tag would be appropriate.

But saying it is free is complete Bull

The cheapest one

There is a 'to be arranged' option so that you dont get people's hopes up...

Or people that register with the Hub to sell one item and then disappear into thin air and never answer your questions.

I belong to a similar forum for radio control cars. On this site, you have to make a certain number of postings before you can advertise.

Good topic.

Here's a typical example of an ad that is so incomplete as to make it useless to any possible buyer;

https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/29383-rock-shock-sid/

4 crucial bits of info missing from the ad:

1. 26" or 29"?
  2. Straight or taper?
  3. QR or through axle?
  4. Steerer length

No prospective buyer can even consider this fork without knowing all of the above.

It's like saying:

BMW 3 series for sale - R100 000.

Huh!?

My favourite : hi I am selling my dh bike cos I don't ride much. Its great for downhill R4000. All the parts are cool. Sorry don't have pics.

I mean WTF?

Good topic.

Here's a typical example of an ad that is so incomplete as to make it useless to any possible buyer;

http://www.thehubsa....rock-shock-sid/

4 crucial bits of info missing from the ad:

1. 26" or 29"?
  2. Straight or taper?
  3. QR or through axle?
  4. Steerer length

No prospective buyer can even consider this fork without knowing all of the above.

It's like saying:

BMW 3 series for sale - R100 000.

Huh!?

agreed. I mean who the f... would buy a BMW 3 series? :whistling:

Whats a advert that says its a "feeler", whats that all about? You either are selling or you're not.

agreed. I mean who the f... would buy a BMW 3 series? :whistling:

So that's what I've been doing wrong for the past 20 years :blush:

Whats a advert that says its a "feeler", whats that all about? You either are selling or you're not.

My he is a ass stroker i mean what normal person has three saddles lying around anyway. He must be ass obsessed.

Or the guy who claims that his bike has only been riden 3 times or has only 60km on the clock and then states that it has been serviced regularly.

Simply solution, give anybody that does this negative feedback. Will teach them not to list things for sale with false information.