Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

On 4/13/2024 at 6:17 PM, MORNE said:

@BaGearA

IMG_1614.webp
ps, csixx cage fitsg

waiting on the lg700 casette. That aircon place doesn't stock them locally so did what any normal person would do….get it yourself. Got the mech and shifter locally at 50% off…so far R3000 all in🤣

Let the testing begin i guess. Hefty claims of durability from shimano for linkglide compared to 12speed HG+. Also slightly heavier in the cassette department (100g) but its on a 16kg enduro bike so meh.

It kind of shifts like transmission in the way its ‘pre-programmed’ to climb off in specific parts and therefore also slightly slower, like transmission. It doesn't just drop a chain instantly like normal 12speed systems - which chews up a cassette. All happens nice and civil. None of that shift shock —- grrrr CLANK! Also paired it with steel idler gears on the high pivot. 

Woohoooo! I’m an 11spd peasant again! 

ps: yes, thats s 12spd csixx cage. Exact fit as the normal 12spd xt.

IMG_2144.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/7/2024 at 3:02 PM, MORNE said:

Let the testing begin i guess. Hefty claims of durability from shimano for linkglide compared to 12speed HG+. Also slightly heavier in the cassette department (100g) but its on a 16kg enduro bike so meh.

It kind of shifts like transmission in the way its ‘pre-programmed’ to climb off in specific parts and therefore also slightly slower, like transmission. It doesn't just drop a chain instantly like normal 12speed systems - which chews up a cassette. All happens nice and civil. None of that shift shock —- grrrr CLANK! Also paired it with steel idler gears on the high pivot. 

IMG_2144.jpeg

Can I ask where you got the groupset from?

20 minutes ago, thebob said:

Can I ask where you got the groupset from?

Between a few shops here in Cape Town. Evo bikes also has it listed. Just ask about stock. I was lucky to get the mech and shifter at -50% off. You get the LG600 casette locally. But thats a bit heavy. The latest one is the black LG700 casette with most of the gears on an alloy carrier. I got that abroad. Merlin. About 100g more than a SLX hg+ cassette.

so far i have been super impressed. The shifting is so solid and smooth - even compared to hg+. I have not noticed the slightly slower shifting speed at all. As mentioned, it just climbs off in a very specific spot on the gear like Transmission.

super happy with it.

On 5/7/2024 at 3:02 PM, MORNE said:

IMG_2144.jpeg

What chain are you using?

31 minutes ago, Ruben Hechter said:

What chain are you using?

‘Normal’ Sram XX1 12 speed. Used it on the 12 speed shimano before this. Wasnt sure it will work since the link-glide cogs are wider at their base. Spacing also wider. I’ve always used 12 speed chains on normal 11speed though so wanted to check first. Didn't just want to buy new 11speed, especially since this high pivot bike takes more than a standard length chain and im already down the cost of two XX1’s haha. Turns out it works perfect. 

• 2 weeks later...

Nampo 2024 (a week late, I'm aware).

Am I a farmer? No.

Do I want to be a farmer? No.

But do I ride a gravel bike? Yes. Therefore close enough to justify the cap 🤪

20240525_151441.jpg

20240525_151432.jpg

On 5/17/2024 at 7:05 AM, 'Dale said:

Winter is coming…

IMG_6735.jpeg

Have those got press studs? 

Don't you find you sweat a lot in those?