Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

That’s a really nice looking set of wheels.

I feel like I’m missing something though. All the cool kids are buying Cruxes instead of Diverges (poor plural naming, but whatever), but besides the fact that Mr Beers and the rest of the pros are racing them, why? Surely having the FutureShock’s squish is a no brainer? Every time I take my Diverge onto dirt I wish for *more* suspension, not *less*. What gives?

• Replies 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LazyTrailRider said:

That’s a really nice looking set of wheels.

TBH they are the stock DT Swiss G540 that come standard with the bike, but the 47c Pathfinders with skin wall defs make it look great - my first upgrade soon is a set of Terra C's though, on 23mm internal width, look even better - not to mention 600g lighter.

1 hour ago, LazyTrailRider said:

I feel like I’m missing something though. All the cool kids are buying Cruxes instead of Diverges (poor plural naming, but whatever), but besides the fact that Mr Beers and the rest of the pros are racing them, why? Surely having the FutureShock’s squish is a no brainer? Every time I take my Diverge onto dirt I wish for *more* suspension, not *less*. What gives?

A whole lot of media on this on youtube - but from my view the 47c makes the crux a whole lot more capable of absorbing the bumps while still being a very jump up and go bike. Ive also got a diverge and will defs be comparing them over the autumn/winter events. TBH im no podium contender, i just like options - and the crux looks cooler 😝

FWIW - Matt 🍻 is on the STR at the moment. I think the endurance racing in the US requires higher priority on comfort, and also he has a 500w FTP so he can make it fast 🤣

30 minutes ago, Kom said:

TBH they are the stock DT Swiss G540 that come standard with the bike, but the 47c Pathfinders with skin wall defs make it look great - my first upgrade soon is a set of Terra C's though, on 23mm internal width, look even better - not to mention 600g lighter.

I meant the bike itself 😆 but totally agree with you, Terra Cs are awesome. I have a set of Aeolus Pro 3Vs (the Bontrager equivalent) on my Diverge, they completely transformed the ride.

31 minutes ago, Kom said:

Ive also got a diverge and will defs be comparing them over the autumn/winter events. TBH im no podium contender, i just like options - and the crux looks cooler 😝

Would be interested to hear your opinion, agreed on it looking cooler. 

I think Richard and Jayden might take more of my money (like they haven’t taken enough already) later this year, the Diverge is pretty much my road bike, so thinking of getting a new Roubaix better suited to how I ride it instead…

28 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

I think Richard and Jayden might take more of my money (like they haven’t taken enough already) later this year, the Diverge is pretty much my road bike, so thinking of getting a new Roubaix better suited to how I ride it instead…

I think the SL8 will make you a happy guy ... you can run 30c and it'll smash your PBs