Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A fair amount of Randelas, would love to know how they compare to xt.

I'll let you know soon enough as that is what they are replacing, I'm just waiting for the correct matchmakers to arrive.

I have both. While XTs are by no means bad, the Hopes are just that much better. Powerful. No fade. Always the same.

I rode this morning with the front brake only and I obviously had to bed them in a bit before they started to bite.

Now that they are working :eek: pull too hard and the front locks up with all my (limited) weight on the front.

Very powerful and they have a nice linear feel to them unlike the on/off feel of the XTs. I'm just unsure if they are one or two finger brakes, most likely the latter due to the lever design.

(I had to cable tie my shifter to the bar and run it 1X10 just so that I could test the brake out since I don't have the matchmakers yet.)

Got a RS Reverb for my birthday.

Not exactly my own purchase, but since the wife payed for it with the communal credit card I reckon I can brag with this here.

Man I am so proud of her, she organised everything without me knowing about it, got a bunch of friends to pitch in so that she could afford it, then she asked all the local suppliers (KS and RS suppliers) if they have the requiered post, and then eventually went the CRC route and still got it here in time.

I married a keeper.

(seems like buying her the expensive leather boots for her birthday payed off in the end. Was an "investment" after all...)

post-16631-0-18537100-1384931721_thumb.jpg

Got a RS Reverb for my birthday.

Not exactly my own purchase, but since the wife payed for it with the communal credit card I reckon I can brag with this here.

Man I am so proud of her, she organised everything without me knowing about it, got a bunch of friends to pitch in so that she could afford it, then she asked all the local suppliers (KS and RS suppliers) if they have the requiered post, and then eventually went the CRC route and still got it here in time.

I married a keeper.

(seems like buying her the expensive leather boots for her birthday payed off in the end. Was an "investment" after all...)

Dude set your remote for the reverb on the left side of your handlebars, or twist it more underneath your bars. Bad spot for a bail and you wont be able to flip your bike upside down :thumbup:

Edited by 2Nutz

(I had to cable tie my shifter to the bar and run it 1X10 just so that I could test the brake out since I don't have the matchmakers yet.)

Now thats commitment haha.

Thinking of puting them on my Santa Cruz in december. Thanks for the mini review though

Dude set your remote for the reverb on the left side of your handlebars, or twist it more underneath your bars. Bad spot for a bail and you wont be able to flip your bike upside down :thumbup:

Yip, I have already moved it out of the way after taking the photo.

That placement was done at 1am after opening the pressie. Wife was not too impressed with me installing bike components in the bedroom in the wee hours of the morning, but she allowed it for once. bless her.

Edited by PhilipV