Boast about your latest purchases here...

camerons

I am pretty used to using 12x magnification to work with - but this is just plain nasty.... still - it should figure itself out in a few days.... the brain is pretty clever....

Are you considering Corneal Cross Linking? seems to be having reasonable sucess these days (don't quote me on that :)  )

Do you use the 12x magnification for surgery?

I have had epi-off cross linking done on one eye but its not something I want to go through again.

Took about 2 months for my pupil to stop being dilated and I was kept asleep with strong sleeping tablets for most the first week, the recovery is that bad!

The eye that was done though is constantly dry and uncomfortable. Im at the age where it doesnt make much difference anymore so will wait for some very clever people to come up with something to let me see properly again. 

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you use the 12x magnification for surgery?

I have had epi-off cross linking done on one eye but its not something I want to go through again.

Took about 2 months for my pupil to stop being dilated and I was kept asleep with strong sleeping tablets for most the first week, the recovery is that bad!

The eye that was done though is constantly dry and uncomfortable. Im at the age where it doesnt make much difference anymore so will wait for some very clever people to come up with something to let me see properly again. 

I usually use 3.8x for smaller stuff, and a 3 - 12x operating microscope for some stuff if it's available - my own pairs can be focussed to set the working distance - clearly I don't actually own an operating microscope - just the surgical loupes because mine have corrections built in to suit me - lets just say I think I should own shares in Zeiss... :)

I guess the next step for you (unless something new comes up) is a corneal transplant - not my favorite idea at all...

Right - on to more pleasant topics please...

Is a pretty neat solution too. Haven't seen anyone get that close to straight, round and mostly even on first go. Must be the spectacles...

Did he say he built them?

He is talking hogwash. He sent them to Johan Bornman to build which is why Jason only needed an hour to sort them......

Edited by eddy

Did he say he built them?

He is talking hogwash. He sent them to Johan Bornman to build which is why Jason only needed an hour to sort them......

Thats pretty impressive considering last I heard JB was in Scotland...

Visited Wayne at Rapidé last weekend to collect my new Rapidé TR29 wheel set (R25 rims with Rapidé Ultralight Pro hubs).

Please post a short review of the wheels when you have the chance.

I am pretty used to using 12x magnification to work with - but this is just plain nasty.... still - it should figure itself out in a few days.... the brain is pretty clever....

Are you considering Corneal Cross Linking? seems to be having reasonable sucess these days (don't quote me on that :)  )

Cross linking is one of the procedures I had in my right eye. Doc, you have to bear in mind that I've had severe keratoconus in both eyes. Have needed eye correction (glasses) since I was 14. Wore hard contacts from 18 till late 30's but I can't wear them anymore. Cornea transplant and lasik in the left eye has left me with close to 20/20 if lubricated. So to have most of my vision without any correction is awesome for me.

I just have to get to the stage where that clever brain eye 'accommodation' adjustment happens at speed over jumps etc.

Cross linking is one of the procedures I had in my right eye. Doc, you have to bear in mind that I've had severe keratoconus in both eyes. Have needed eye correction (glasses) since I was 14. Wore hard contacts from 18 till late 30's but I can't wear them anymore. Cornea transplant and lasik in the left eye has left me with close to 20/20 if lubricated. So to have most of my vision without any correction is awesome for me.

I just have to get to the stage where that clever brain eye 'accommodation' adjustment happens at speed over jumps etc.

I'm so happy I don't have to go through any of this... 

Don't know how you guys can handle anything like that. I know it drives me dilly when I try glasses on and have to adjust to the lenses. But to have stuff look blurry and off kilter... 

Dunno how you do it. Hope it works out, bro

I'm so happy I don't have to go through any of this... 

Don't know how you guys can handle anything like that. I know it drives me dilly when I try glasses on and have to adjust to the lenses. But to have stuff look blurry and off kilter... 

Dunno how you do it. Hope it works out, bro

Thank dude! I love riding so even if I have to go a bit slower over technical stuff than before it doesn't really worry me. I find that I don't notice it as much riding at night for some reason.

If you want to know what it feels like, smear Vaseline over one of your sunglasses lenses. Then go ride.

I'm looking for a set of Pdm 530 trail pedals, the Xt and Xtr versions are way too expensive, does anyone know where I can find mentioned pedals please?

This is more a sorta potential purchase, but I am looking for someone to go halfies on this with me...your half will be the half with the pedals...

post-1604-0-11368700-1450847216_thumb.jpg

I'm looking for a set of Pdm 530 trail pedals, the Xt and Xtr versions are way too expensive, does anyone know where I can find mentioned pedals please?

Coolheat are out of stock of them again.